*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Good result that. Clean sheet and a few good individual performances. Some goal from Tav and a Gio ball to set up the second as well.

Still think a new manager should appoint a new captain. Let Tav focus on his good attacking play and have a more natural leader with the arm band.

Still badly need a new midfielder that doesn’t have to take every first touch back to his own goal. 

Lawrence and Cantwell are those midfielders.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

People saying that was shite, terrible etc. Honestly get yourself to fuck. 3-0 win away in the league is always a good score. In todays circumstances it's a really good score.

Got to question the motives of anyone who isn't happy at that today.

It's a great score and anyone that isn't happy with it should be. 

Doesn't mean we don't look short of intensity or drive though. We were playing against 10 men for vast majority of the game. We still look disjointed. 

2 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Lawrence and Cantwell are those midfielders.

They’re not centre mids/going to play that Lundstrum/Jack role. They’re attacking mids. I’m talking about whoever is picking the ball up from the centre backs and starting each attack and directing play. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The hope is a manager gets us sorted. They will drop points across the city. They have been getting over the line this season at times and it's disguised only by how bad we've been.

Mate tbh they 'just get over the lines' many times each season, this season isn't different.

People keep saying they will drop all these points, reality suggests otherwise.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Apart from Goldson getting skinned pretty easily which he got booked for I thought the defence was pretty decent today. I genuinely can't remember Butland having to make a single save. 

Because they were down to 10 men for most of it. It was another turgid display, some highlights were Zak and young Kyle. Raskin had his usual 20 mins of good play. Still take the result and move on.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

7 points behind, manager sacked and a squad that's as balanced as a fat kid on a seesaw. 

Moaning is always going to be rife especially on fan forums. I'd be astounded if it wasn't.

Agree we've had plenty to moan about, and we've all had a fucking horrendous week, my already strained mental health has plummeted into a,semi depression over last few days, so let's just enjoy tonight and hopefully the manager situation becomes clearer in the coming week and we eventually get the right guy to lead us forward.

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Pleasantly surprised we won today, albeit with a bit of luck with the handball.

Another goal for Sima, happy days 

If the gimp doesn't deliberately hand ball it Sima has a back post tap in from 1 yard.

How is that "lucky"? :lol: