We have the following as potential CBs:

Goldson

Davies

Souttar

Balogun

King

Yfeko

Lundstram

I think Sterling could even stand in in an emergency. Far more pressing needs than CB.

Davies is shite 

Souttar is injury prone 

Balogun is old and injury prone 

King needs a loan 

Ykefo is an unproven kid 

Lundstram isn’t a centre back

we 100% need a new centre back 

On 02/11/2023 at 11:22, Broxi said:

Don't think any of the next 3 signings we make should be a CB personally

We need a winger, striker, CM (maybe more than one of some of those positions) and probably a LB before we need another CB. 

Any manager worth his salt builds from the back I’ll be gob smacked if his first signing isn’t a CB 

Saying that I do understand availability comes into it but I’m positive CB will be the first position he’s looking at strengthening but might need to wait to get his man

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Any manager worth his salt builds from the back I’ll be gob smacked if his first signing isn’t a CB 

Saying that I do understand availability comes into it but I’m positive CB will be the first position he’s looking at strengthening but might need to wait to get him man

I'll be gobsmacked if his first signing is a CB. We already have 4 senior CBs in the squad and quality wise aren't the worst out of the positions in the team either. We are both far weaker and far lighter in other positions. 

Priority will easily be a forward, be that a striker if Roofe is finished or more likely a winger.

57 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Davies is shite 

Souttar is injury prone 

Balogun is old and injury prone 

King needs a loan 

Ykefo is an unproven kid 

Lundstram isn’t a centre back

we 100% need a new centre back 

I truly believe Balogun is less of a bomb scare than Davies, Souttar or Goldson.

Interesting to see what the transfer policy is going to look like this January considering there still is no Sporting Director in place and the scouting department hasn't been sorted with the new data analyst method. Clement has been very vocal about how he doesn't typically look after that side of the club previously.

29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Interesting to see what the transfer policy is going to look like this January considering there still is no Sporting Director in place and the scouting department hasn't been sorted with the new data analyst method. Clement has been very vocal about how he doesn't typically look after that side of the club previously.

I think we’ll bring in a DOF before January. Just hope it’s soon enough to work with Clement on finding what we need.

January is typically a shit time to sign players. You are either looking at the dregs or overpaying because teams don’t want to sell their best players during the season.

I don’t see us making many permanent additions.. possibly afew loans to see us through until the summer.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

I like the way he talks to players going on and off the park just keeping them informed in what he's doing all the time to gain their trust.

I have noticed that too.

For example, when he subbed Sima off against Dundee the big man looked scunnered.

Clement approached him, put his arm around him and had a word.

Wee touches like that matter to players.

5 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Saying that I do understand availability comes into it but I’m positive CB will be the first position he’s looking at strengthening but might need to wait to get him man

Exactly, after we signed Butland a centre half should have been our top priority 

We’ve got three centre halves who are probably on first team starter wages, plus Balogun and King. Unless we can offload at least one of them then I can’t see a centre half coming in. It’s an area that needs addressed, but one that will probably have to wait until the Summer because we have more pressing concerns to deal with first.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We’ve got three centre halves who are probably on first team starter wages, plus Balogun and King. Unless we can offload at least one of them then I can’t see a centre half coming in. It’s an area that needs addressed, but one that will probably have to wait until the Summer because we have more pressing concerns to deal with first.

Doubt Souttar is on big money.

Very impressive press conference yet again. 

Absolutely love him saying there shouldn't be "extra" motivation for the semi final, the players should be motivated for every game and good things like silverware will follow. 

I know it's still early days but it's hard not to be excited, I really think we've got a real difference maker in charge now and given time I'm becoming more and more confident he'll deliver success.