Danilo

CoplandRoad83

He could certainly do more to impress but I thought there was a marked difference in him since Clement arrived albeit his availability was short-lived given the injury.

He has a very good goalscoring record in his career, whether he can continue that on the back of a bad injury and within an expected complete summer rebuild nobody knows.

I’d expect him to come back physically stronger due to the amount of gym work he’ll be doing however the crucial half yard of pace & mental barrier of getting another injury, we’ll just have to wait & see. 

3 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Astonished looking at the goal scorer and assists thread that he's joint 4th for most goal contributions and he's not kicked a ball since the start of December. Would welcome him back, hopefully there's more to come from him.

More astonishing considering his finishing was abominable.

20 hours ago, Essandoh said:

He could certainly do more to impress but I thought there was a marked difference in him since Clement arrived albeit his availability was short-lived given the injury.

He has a very good goalscoring record in his career, whether he can continue that on the back of a bad injury and within an expected complete summer rebuild nobody knows.

I thought he was doing okay despite his injuries. He looks a lot more assured when through on goal than dessers and he’s on 20 goals. I reckon he’s going to be a great striker for us in the long run, I certainly hope he is. 

15 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I thought he was doing okay despite his injuries. He looks a lot more assured when through on goal than dessers and he’s on 20 goals. I reckon he’s going to be a great striker for us in the long run, I certainly hope he is. 

He missed 3 absolute sitters against Dundee through on goal. He's a better footballer than Dessers but his finishing was no better.

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He missed 3 absolute sitters against Dundee through on goal. He's a better footballer than Dessers but his finishing was no better.

I honestly can’t remember this. I can remember him scoring against Dundee and his finish against Prague and thinking they were tidy. 

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I honestly can’t remember this. I can remember him scoring against Dundee and his finish against Prague and thinking they were tidy. 

Hit the goalie twice when it looked easier to score and hit the bar before finally scoring. He had a few other shockers as well.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

Hit the goalie twice when it looked easier to score and hit the bar before finally scoring. He had a few other shockers as well.

Maybe I’m suffering from memory loss mate but I don’t remember him being really really bad. I reckon if he stayed fit he’d have 20+ goals by now.

7 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Maybe I’m suffering from memory loss mate but I don’t remember him being really really bad. I reckon if he stayed fit he’d have 20+ goals by now.

Dessers has pretty much managed that. I think he'll come good but his finishing has been no better. I also think he's a bit like Dessers in that he'll get plenty of chances.

Yet another player improving more and more the longer he’s out the team.

With a handful of games left, it’s insane to imagine him being fit enough to make a contribution this season.

Best to get him fully fit over the summer, give him a hard preseason (he’s not alone in needing that) and have him bursting to play when the season starts.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yes, Danillo missed some guilt-edge chances, but you could see the natural talent. He never got up to speed. Beale wouldn't start him, and then he had a horrific injury.

Hopefully next season we will see him at his best.

Agree with this he never really had a long settled run in the side to hit top form for us.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Dessers has pretty much managed that. I think he'll come good but his finishing has been no better. I also think he's a bit like Dessers in that he'll get plenty of chances.

You remember correctly.  His composure in front of goal is very similar to Dessers in that neither panic, they remain totally calm, but both then don't back that up by slotting it as often as they should. 

23 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Get him practicing penalties and put him on the bench for Hampden 👍

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Yet another player improving more and more the longer he’s out the team.

With a handful of games left, it’s insane to imagine him being fit enough to make a contribution this season.

Best to get him fully fit over the summer, give him a hard preseason (he’s not alone in needing that) and have him bursting to play when the season starts.

confused-confused-math.gif

His finishing was poor for us but his overall game was excellent and I think his finishing would have clicked.

His reputation at Feyenoord was being a great penalty box finisher. I think he had a few bad misses that over longer time and sharpness would have evened out and improved.

I still don't know if he's the absolute answer, but I think if we had him and Shankland next season competing to play on merit then we'd have two good options and won't cost a lot to achieve.