Todd Cantwell

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Fuck sake - I meant that Cantwell NEEDED mentoring.

I wouldn't leave the cunt in charge of a packet of wine gums!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow mate. You're like a shite bobby davro 

5 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Like it or not, Cantwell is the most technically gifted player we have at Ibrox just now.

Yes - he's made a twanger of himself off the field - but he's not unique in that. Part of me reckons a decent man-manager could have taken him aside and sorted that out?

With Tav and Goldson very probably offski - and those already gone this summer, we are really short of senior players to take on any kind of mentoring roll.

If I was looking at a player to mentor younger players, then attitude would probably be the first thing I’d look at, then rule Cantwell out immediately.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

If I was looking at a player to mentor younger players, then attitude would probably be the first thing I’d look at, then rule Cantwell out immediately.

Who was the last player you would be comfortable mentoring the youth?

Defoe was that kind of guy for me, ever green, model professional, got results and done his job wherever he went, good with the press, likeable, experienced, a great all rounder even though we did get him on the back 9.

(aye I know he’s not going to shag me)

Davis also for similar reasons.

41 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Defoe was that kind of guy for me, ever green, model professional, got results and done his job wherever he went, good with the press, likeable, experienced, a great all rounder even though we did get him on the back 9.

Allan McGregor could be a decent shout, as mad as that might sound at first :lol:

He done all the daft stuff as a youngster, but came through it all and seemed to end up a model pro, and still humble, and down to earth. I'm sure he could warn the young players of what to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Discussed on FF and the view was he is not actually back in the fold etc....

Sun are using the same picture to report he's training on his own/with B team and away from first team.

I wish the Turks did take him on a real fast move just to see the back of him. I'd also love to see any monies we get for him being put towards a Sima return. We get him and a decent (creative type) midfielder and I think we have the makings of a great team provided Danilo stays fir the whole season.

Hate to say but i don't think we'll be as good as the manager wants until a further year building a team in his preferred style.

On 26/07/2024 at 22:52, Bigdave30 said:

I still think we could have got another season out of DeFoe on the park. But didn't the Norwich fans say this is how it would pan out with him, good at the start but then spits his dummy out.

21 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

It's a bit childish from all concerned.  Get him back in the team for a slot and he should be selling himself, and us selling him.  That is what you do with a business asset of any kind.

And what happens if we play him and he does his ACL? We are stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be here, a player that the manager isn’t particularly keen on and we are paying him to rehab for the best part of a year. Leaving him out is 100% the best decision for everybody right now.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And what happens if we play him and he does his ACL? We are stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be here, a player that the manager isn’t particularly keen on and we are paying him to rehab for the best part of a year. Leaving him out is 100% the best decision for everybody right now.

he could get injured in training ,see your point but to me if we are paying his wages and theres no one better then play him 

46 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

It's a bit childish from all concerned.  Get him back in the team for a slot and he should be selling himself, and us selling him.  That is what you do with a business asset of any kind.

Nah, we need to be playing folk who are staying. While he could play well and we sell him quickly, there’s just as much chance that he’ll be a petulant child and cost us.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We are paying him 20k a week we should be using him. It's not a good place to sell from the current situation.

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

We are paying him 20k a week we should be using him. It's not a good place to sell from the current situation.

If a player is refusing to play, wages should be nulled and void. Find it incredible if we're legally obligated to pay someone refusing to do a job

1 hour ago, Madina said:

If a player is refusing to play, wages should be nulled and void. Find it incredible if we're legally obligated to pay someone refusing to do a job

Doubt very much he has refused to play, asking to leave is completely different, would have been Clements decision not to include him in the first team squad, personally I'd have him included and have him in the shop window.