If we win our 2 games in hand.......

The Blue

Under Beale we were going no where and looked as if we would be fighting for third in the league. septic thought it was already done and dusted. Big Phil comes in and works wonders with us, they implode and now it is our hands again. Lift the cup and it breaks them a little bit more. I have confidence in PC bringing home the cup tomorrow and taking something off them later this month. The tears and implosion will be a joy to behold.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Raskin, Lawrence, Jack, Cantwell all missed last game and will return at some point.

Same up front with Danilo, Wright and Lovelace hopefully to blossom as McCausland has done.

And that’s before Clement brings in new blood.

He has worked miracles but has to keep it going until the end of the year.

We will be significantly stronger from January onwards so, if we maintain our position relative to the scum, we’ll pull away after New Year.

We might be significantly stronger from January onwards. Absolutely no guarantee our injury situation will be any better, we don’t know how much Clement will get to spend and they’ll probably have more. Clement has got us into a very good position compared to where we were, but that’s it, at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

The scum are in turmoil and so we only have to maintain our performances and improve our squad in January to be in with a more than reasonable chance to take the league. It's never that straightforward but it's a more than a 50/50 chance imho.

Definitely 50/50 as far as the league is concerned. 

Janaury is going to be critical for both sides. We know the tarriers will likely panic spend to try and improve. 

We've got to spend as well but need to do it smartly. A striker is critical for us imo. 

I still think we’re not great, and need a real overhaul.

They are in a similar position, but with more finances to do it in Jan.

However if we win our games in hand, and get at least a point in the OF, they’ll be in meltdown. Cant remember the last time we went into an OF at their midden where we didn’t have to win to stay in it 

The excitement comes as much from this being the worst celtic team since Lennon.

We’re worse than the side that lost two years ago. We might only get to 90 points. 

But we aren’t up against a world class manager now. 

They’ve dropped points in 3 out of their last 5 league matches. It should have been 4 in 5. 

They are shite. Their recruitment was shite. They’ve got 6-7 players starting who are miles off it. Players want to leave and a manager who‘s heart isn’t in it.

I’m excited as fuck because it feels like we’re 2-3 players away from being decent favourites. 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

However if we win our games in hand, and get at least a point in the OF, they’ll be in meltdown. Cant remember the last time we went into an OF at their midden where we didn’t have to win to stay in it 

Fully agree with what you’ve posted. One thing in our favour right now is there is 100% an underlying issue with Rodgers from the celtic support, It’s been off since he came back up here. Personally I felt they were always a few bad results away from their masks slipping to reveal their true feelings. It’s something we need to take advantage of and put as much pressure on as possible. You would be well in your right to argue that Rodgers had it very easy first time around up here and we’ve not seen him come up against a proper challenge. Thank fuck we pressed the button when we did and got rid of the diddy and got what seems to be a proper football manager in the door. 

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The excitement comes as much from this being the worst celtic team since Lennon.

We’re worse than the side that lost two years ago. We might only get to 90 points. 

But we aren’t up against a world class manager now. 

They’ve dropped points in 3 out of their last 5 league matches. It should have been 4 in 5. 

They are shite. Their recruitment was shite. They’ve got 6-7 players starting who are miles off it. Players want to leave and a manager who‘s heart isn’t in it.

I’m excited as fuck because it feels like we’re 2-3 players away from being decent favourites. 

Seen a stat yesterday that they signed 9/10 players and only one started yesterday. For as much as their recruitment was good under the fat aussie bastard it seems to have regressed a fair amount this season. 

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Agree with first comment but look at what Clement has done with a squad we had all written off completely.

Imagine the potential when you add a couple of hand-picked recruits of his own choosing.

Yes, their transfer kitty will be bigger but, as long as they’re spending it on shite like Holm, Lagerbielke and all the nondescript Asian duds, it’s not the advantage it should be.

Ideal scenario is a win at the Glitterdome to take us top by a point with a game in hand.

Based on current form, that is perfectly achievable.

8 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Seen a stat yesterday that they signed 9/10 players and only one started yesterday. For as much as their recruitment was good under the fat aussie bastard it seems to have regressed a fair amount this season. 

Even under him they really only had one (maybe two) windows where there were more hits than misses.

Their transfers have been as bad as ours the last couple of years, but they got the first window of Postecoglu’s tenure correct, built the basis of a squad he wanted to work with and it masked the waste of cash they had on failed transfers.

Going forward we look to have recognised the failings and moved to address them. I may have missed it but I don’t think they have changed anything behind the scenes in terms of scouting / recruitment and still have Rodgers involved who has a terrible track record.

Ideally Koppen would have been in the door sooner to set us up for January, but I am hopeful we are trying to address our failings and be smarter in our transfer dealings while they will just keep throwing money at it and have the same hit rate…

I think what PC has done has been outstanding but its still the same crop of players he's working with, he's raised them from a 5/10 to a 7/10. We need real quality additions to bring us up to a 9/10 to really compete for silverware.

Our ability to win the league will be dependent on what the filth do with player recruitment in January - if they get it right then regardless of how good a manager PC is, I think he'll struggle. However, January is a fickle market and Rodgers seems to have lost the dressing room, so it could still happen.

8 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

It’s looking really positive as long as we don’t get ahead of ourselves. Talking on the pitch. We need no slip ups. Total focus. Maximum effort. But if anyone can do it our manager can!

We just need to take it one game at a time. Don't look any further forward than that. 

Definitely reckon our manager will be hammering that into our players. 

As much as it sickens me, the filth are still favourites for the league. Back to back defeats might herald a collapse for them but history would suggest otherwise. They will strengthen in January and while I think PC is a better manager and will have us competing until the end, without several upgrades to our starting 11 -

CB parter for Goldson

LB replacement for Barisic

CM upgrade on Sterling

RW upgrade on McCausland

and a new CF

Then we're going to remain underdogs.

Just now, theiconicman said:

As much as it sickens me, the filth are still favourites for the league. Back to back defeats might herald a collapse for them but history would suggest otherwise. They will strengthen in January and while I think PC is a better manager and will have us competing until the end, without several upgrades to our starting 11 -

CB parter for Goldson

CM upgrade on Sterling

RW upgrade on McCausland

and a new CF

Hopefully. Rodgers recruitment is shocking.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

CB parter for Goldson

CM upgrade on Sterling

RW upgrade on McCausland

and a new CF

Sterling and McCausland have been excellent, why on earth are you wanting rid of them.

It's all about how they handle the pressure with their fans on their back , and if you look at when we won 55 it wasn't very good , where once they went behind on points they fell apart. 

That's why it's essential we win these games in hand and put them in that position again .