Latest you've had a match called off

downviewbear

Remember playing the sheep at ibrox a good few years back and were heading to the ground  about 15 minutes before ko and then we see all the supporters heading our way and fellow tells us match has just been  postponed couldn't believe it. Good thing was we're able to head back into the bar for another couple of hours for heading back to the boat.

40 minutes ago, downviewbear said:

Remember playing the sheep at ibrox a good few years back and were heading to the ground  about 15 minutes before ko and then we see all the supporters heading our way and fellow tells us match has just been  postponed couldn't believe it. Good thing was we're able to head back into the bar for another couple of hours for heading back to the boat.

That must be 30 years ago now. I was sitting in my seat with my dad when it was called off. Teeming down.

21 minutes ago, holdnudgehold said:

Not technically called off but Hearts in the failed championship campaign about this time of year in the snow. It was obvious right away looking at the pitch it wasn't going to work. Game kicked off and was slapstick. Abandoned fairly quickly. Didn't do much for the general mood of everyone at the time.

Was a fucking dreadful time all round.

6 hours ago, holdnudgehold said:

Not technically called off but Hearts in the failed championship campaign about this time of year in the snow. It was obvious right away looking at the pitch it wasn't going to work. Game kicked off and was slapstick. Abandoned fairly quickly. Didn't do much for the general mood of everyone at the time.

IIRC pitch was actually fine by the time they started letting the Hearts fans out. They should have just taken the players off for half an hour 

Remember the hearts one, snowing like fuck match abandoned, also remember a match against hearts at Ibrox on the brink, Hearts had 4 players sent off, one more and the match would be ended, Big Gough was pleading with the ref to stop sending their players off, the mark of a great leader.

I mind being on the way to Perth and we were at Kinross services when a st Johnstone game got called off 🤔. Was in a pub once when I think Raith Rovers away got called off so we stayed in pub all day 😂. The other that sticks out was I think possibly Stenhousemuir away, was pishing it down and we stopped for a piss on motorway and found out game was off (I think part of their ground blew away or something 🤣). 

Wasn't able to go yesterday as I'm rooked with covid and out my ticket on seatsub and it sold an hour before the call off announcement. Annoying as I'll likely be able to make the rearranged game... 

46 minutes ago, will2203 said:

👍😀 Remember it! Held up by the weather travelling, got in and sat down…. and the ref blew his whistle to end the match. Unbelievable!

Yep. Was utter carnage on the M74 when we were on our way. All that effort for nothing. Obviously game should have been called off well in advance

11 hours ago, holdnudgehold said:

Most poisonous atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed at a game. 

12 hours ago, downviewbear said:

We had just come out the subway to find crowds heading towards us

15 hours ago, downviewbear said:

We were inside the stairwell to the club deck when that one was called off.

7 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

IIRC pitch was actually fine by the time they started letting the Hearts fans out. They should have just taken the players off for half an hour 

They let hearts out at the same time as us, we were sparring with them up at the ticket office and behind the Broomloan 🤣

2 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Yep. Was utter carnage on the M74 when we were on our way. All that effort for nothing. Obviously game should have been called off well in advance

Likewise, mate.

Got as far as Abington services & was clear we wouldn’t make it.

My lad & I spent the night in the motel there & watched what we could of the game on SkyGo.

15 hours ago, holdnudgehold said:

I remember my mate and me just turning off the junction for Ibrox then hearing on the radio the game was off so we just drove across the flyover and straight back down the other side home. Was it no a Friday night? 

It's actually what I was coming in here to post in response to the OP.

16 hours ago, downviewbear said:

This one,  was in the Rolls Royce club at the time.

16 hours ago, downviewbear said:

Similar to a game against Dundee at Ibrox years ago 

Thick fog and crowds streaming back down PRW,our bus got to the toll and got the thumbs down from fans walking into town.

My and mates went into town and messed about for a couple of hours before going home.

Got home and my mum asked what happened to Rangers today,I told her about the fog and she said " well I've just seen the scores on TV and Rangers were beaten 5-2

Game obviously went ahead