Scoring Goals / Being Clinical

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

It's only a matter of time until we take the outright lead, the evidence is there to say that's exactly what's going to happen very very soon, keep doing what we've been doing and it's guaranteed to happen imo.

its also only a matter of time before we give some team a 4 or 5 nil drubbing

It's true that we need to be taking more of our created chances and our goal difference could conceivably be much higher, but we need better players and finishers at the club to attain this. With big Cyriel now starting to show some form, Silva still to find his feet, and Danillo expected back from injury, and Sima coming back from Afcon, I don't see any reason to be worrying unduly at this point. We have a terrific manager and have just made a couple of exciting signings who are showing great promise already. It is still early days under Clement and we have another trophy in the cabinet already. Let's enjoy what is an exciting period for the club rather than focusing on a lack of goals immediately after a 3-1 victory.

some people had chucked the towel in and said this season was over. we're matching the bheasts in points and GD. not every game is going to be full of positives or fun to watch. we've got a proper title race going on now and there is every chance we can win the title. cheer the fuck up fuck sake lol.

57 minutes ago, EngineeRFC said:

I had the same feeling, I don't think I've missed a single of Clement's interviews either because I just love listening to the guy speak. Whereas Beale just had me so angry I couldn't listen to him any more. He was just talking pish most of the time anyway.

With the greatest of respect you can't just assume he was talking shite if you had stopped listening to him.....take it from me who was still daft enough to listen to him....it was total and utter shite:pipe:

gd is important but it's unlikely to matter. it'll come down to the points. all we can do is just make sure we win every game whether that be a 4 or 5 nil skelpin or a shitey hard fought 1-0. it's not going to be entertaining at times but as long as we pick up the points who gives a fuck. we can party if we lift the trophy.

1 hour ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

3 months ago most on here had written us off in the league, the league cup and in Europe, yet here we sit, joint top, topped our group in Europe and one trophy in the bag already.

We're playing some sexy football, creating so many chances, long as we keep winning we'll be fine.

That was me. PC has changed everything now and we are in a fight to win the league; I think we can do this by a clear point margin.

12 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Livescore shows 23 on target 10 off.

But whatever the number the fact remains that if you're creating a shit load of chances you can afford to miss a good few of them

Livescore talks pish at the best of times tbh.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d written off the league after we lost to Killie on the opening day tbh. Knew then Beale had fucked it.

Just enjoying the football under PC now, and actually looking forward to going to Ibrox rather than dragging myself because of a sense of duty. 

I can admit I was wrong! Even when Clement came in I couldn’t see us mounting a decent title challenge never mind end up being favourites for the title. It feels very much like 07/08 season under Walter - hopefully we can go one or even two better this time.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It definitely had that feeling about it.

Within 20 minutes of that game you could see that Lammers, his big expensive signing who was meant to be the creative hub around which the whole thing centred around, didn’t fancy it at all and you were instantly hit with feeling that Beale had maybe fucked the whole thing…and it only got worse from there.

Sounds really defeatist and like a complete exaggeration, but that opening game was so telling that whatever his grand plan was, it just wasn’t going to work.

I and loads of other genuinely thought the season was done before we’d even been back to Ibrox in the league :lol: 

Delighted with big Phil. 

They'll be teams far better than us who have nights where they make fuck loads of chances and don't get the goals they merit, it happens in football. No reason to be negative at all, From the cluster fuck of the start of the season to now has been nothing short of remarkable. One trophy in the bag and still in three competitions. Should be excited, good times ahead under Clement IMO.

I'm not deliberately being negative, I'm fucking delighted where we are atm, but that doesnt mean we carry on blindly thinking everything is rosy is the garden, I'm pointing out a weak area,  where, if strengthened or improved upon with current players, we will fucking romp this League.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm not deliberately being negative, I'm fucking delighted where we are atm, but that doesnt mean we carry on blindly thinking everything is rosy is the garden, I'm pointing out a weak area,  where, if strengthened or improved upon with current players, we will fucking romp this League.

Understand your point, but at the moment with Roofe always gone and no money to get another striker in Jan, this is all we have. We can only hope that Dessers stays fit, otherwise we will be looking at the posibillity to use Lawrence as a striker or god knows who else. Most of us gave up on this players around the end of september, and now theres an actual chance to win more silverware with the same bunch. So there will be bumps on the road, lost points, frustration and all that. But i hope at the end we get the title and we get the fuckin CL money which we busted our gut for in Europe in the past seasons. 

I think any negativity after a 3-1 win is because we could easily have scored another 3 or 4 goals and been sitting on top sending them a right message, but we failed to get on top which is frustrating, plenty of time and were on the right track, somebody's due a hiding from us.

I think every game is going to be nervy as fuck between now and seasons end.

That's the price to be paid of being in a true title race.

God, we've not had one of these in 13 years, neither have the Savilles, personally I fucking love it, but just hate going into last 10 minutes of games 1 goal ahead when we should have been 3 or 4 up and coasting.

1 fucking wee mistake is all it takes.

Goals aside, we are playing some lovely football, creating plenty of chances (please just fucking score dome of them) team is gelling well, feel good factor between players, fans and management.

What's not to like.

Who said Beale set us back years?

No-one is set back years in fucking Scotland, only set back weeks or months.

3 hours ago, ZZed said:

That was me. PC has changed everything now and we are in a fight to win the league; I think we can do this by a clear point margin.

Wasn't a pop at anyone mate, just highlighting where we were to where we are.

We've craved a title race for years, now we're in one.

Just enjoy the ride.

It's definetely something we can improve on but it's not a huge problem. Under Clement our coversion rate is 10.3% compared to celtic's which is 10.1%. 

Last night we actually under performed our average conversion under Clement and it was the third worse conversion rate with him as manager with only Pittodrie and Tynecastle being the worst.

Also of it's any comfort our conversion rate last night was actually better than celtic's against Aberdeen and Ross County. They also vastly over performed their ratio due to two penalties against Hibs.

I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances at all.

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We have come out of the shutdown and not fucked it up.

This is possibly one of our best starts to a year ever. Can't be far off it anyway. 

Thing is as frustrating as not winning 23-1 was, we are playing the best football I've seen us in ages and considering the best is still to come it's a pretty exciting time. Let's enjoy the ride. 

2 hours ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Wasn't a pop at anyone mate, just highlighting where we were to where we are.

We've craved a title race for years, now we're in one.

Just enjoy the ride.

Did not see it as a pop at anyone be just a clear statement for where some of us were and I was one of them. It is a good clear post.:tu: