Scoring Goals / Being Clinical

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Joint top with the same points and GD, best football we’ve played all season. Momentum is with us.

Try to take a more positive outlook on life. 

It's unreal mate. Cunts clamouring to get on top of players after a 3-1 win.

Earlier in the season we created next to nothing; just constant awful crosses to no one from deep.
Last night we played with almost non stop urgency. Always looked to play forward. Created chances across the team - we could have had 6 or 7 different scorers.
Yes, the finishing was disappointing at times but we also hit the woodwork multiple times and the keeper came on to a great game second half. 
Individual players are also improved - in particular, Cantwell looked back to the guy that finished last season. Midfield looks really strong now, with lots of options. Shame we don’t have another striker. Anyone know what the story is with Roofe?

18 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Apparently their keeper just set a new record for saves in a single match since the new format of the SPFL began. Between that, some solid defending from RC, and some of the best fitba we've played all season, sure I'm frustrated we didn;t go top, but not worried.

Have to be honest, their goalkeeper didn't have to work very hard for most of the saves because the shots were aimed right at him.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d written off the league after we lost to Killie on the opening day tbh. Knew then Beale had fucked it.

Just enjoying the football under PC now, and actually looking forward to going to Ibrox rather than dragging myself because of a sense of duty. 

I had the same feeling, I don't think I've missed a single of Clement's interviews either because I just love listening to the guy speak. Whereas Beale just had me so angry I couldn't listen to him any more. He was just talking pish most of the time anyway.

40 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Is going to become a huge fucking problem.

We're creating chances, great chances, which is a huge positive. But you're absolutely right we need to get more goals and importantly from across the squad.

Tav and Sima are worth a 1/3 of our goals never mind assists, we're a Tav injury away from losing our top 2 goal scorers for the season. The midfield especially need to contribute more so there's less reliance and risk.

Momentum is with us but the scum imo have an easier run in and have players returning. It could well come down to goals. We need to treat it as if it will for not just the goals but also the confidence, ruthlessness and statement it sends out.

I said it in the match thread, most people had the league done in October and it was all about damage limitation when the manager came in rather than having a genuine chance at the league.

We are now neck and neck, in the cup, and a cup in the bag.

The tides with us and the treble is on, fucking yasss.

If we have another game with 33 shots and 23 of them on target I'd be susprised if we didn't score 7 or 8.

On last nights evidence not being clinical enough isn't an issue.

Not being clinical is an issue when you on have 5 or 6 shots with about half of them on target. That's when you have to make sure every shot is a goal or a world class save.

8 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

If we have another game with 33 shots and 23 of them on target I'd be susprised if we didn't score 7 or 8.

On last nights evidence not being clinical enough isn't an issue.

Not being clinical is an issue when you on have 5 or 6 shots with about half of them on target. That's when you have to make sure every shot is a goal or a world class save.