Player you loved watching the most?

Glen hoddle, Zico, Ardiles, Riquelme, platini, tigana, prosinecki, del piero, Vialli, Asprilla, Romario, scholes, Henry, messi....... 

And i have been lucky enough to see a fair few of them in the flesh. Could name dozens more. The player who for me was the best i ever saw would have to be Maradona. He had no equal. Messi has done it for far longer but at his best Maradona is out on his own.

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Glen hoddle, Zico, Ardiles, Riquelme, platini, tigana, prosinecki, del piero, Vialli, Asprilla, Romario, scholes, Henry, messi....... 

And i have been lucky enough to see a fair few of them in the flesh. Could name dozens more. The player who for me was the best i ever saw would have to be Maradona. He had no equal. Messi has done it for far longer but at his best Maradona is out on his own.

Oh aye, and i forgot Gazza. Not just because he played for us but because he was genuinely one of the best ive seen for anybody. It was a pleasure to watch him. Similar to the comparison of messi and maradona, laudrup did it more often and for longer but at his best Gazza was supreme. For me anyway.

If I can only pick one player, it's Davie Cooper by a country mile.

But also loved players like Baggio, Del Pierro, Tigana, Messi from modern time, probably too many really to even remember anymore. 

Real Ronaldo, Redondo, Zidane and Ronaldinho. 

All of them made complicated things look effortless. Zizou at the WC 06 was arguably the best individual highlight reel you’ll see. But R9 at Barcelona was scary, honestly never seen anything like it before or since. What could’ve been, he’d had smashed every record

As a boy my heroes were Gazza and Baggio. Meeting Baggio a few years ago was one of the highlights of my life :lol:

In the last 15 years, probably Messi, Muller and Busquets, for very different reasons. 

Prime Kaka for me was an absolutely unreal talent, that Milan team was incredible.

Henry and that Arsenal team as well. 

Can't not mention Guardiolas Barca team, you can take your pick of either Xavi, Iniesta or Messi but the front three with Henry, Eto'o and Messi was something else.

4 hours ago, JamieD said:

As a boy my heroes were Gazza and Baggio. Meeting Baggio a few years ago was one of the highlights of my life :lol:

In the last 15 years, probably Messi, Muller and Busquets, for very different reasons. 

The Scottish Baggio?

C7103283-C001-4719-B9D4-3A65A513C3F8.jpeg.7f0e837dd05eafe2fc02ec3289f18f31.jpeg

lol

Ronaldinho was one of those guys that made football fun to watch. Guys could be party animals then show up on the showboat every week and entertain. It's just not the same anymore. One of my favorites was Shevchenko. An absolute animal at Milan who I thought would have ripped it up at Chelsea but was in the middle of a power play between Mourinho and Abramovich. 

On 02/03/2024 at 09:46, Finny said:

Ronaldinho for me as he had a end product to the silkiness but loved soccer am back in the day and seeing Adel tarabt and there was another boy Lee something I'm sure who was tremendous with a football. 

I think we are missing that now days with more athleticism being favoured. Would love to see a young rangers player doing a bit of the Nathan odowa rainbow flick. 

lee trundle. he was unreal for his level.

Jay Jay Okocha, Ronaldinho, Kaka. Certainly more recently, Payet for West Ham was unreal. 

Annoying because he played for the scum, but I did like watching Juninho growing up. (at Middlesborough)

Taraabt is an obvious one too, and Ben Arfa, wasted talents obviously but were fun to watch

On 03/03/2024 at 19:07, stuart1994 said:

Messi, Zidane, Moussa Dembele (the real one, no that prick who played for them), Marek Hamsik and for us, I absolutely loved watching Kamara when he was on his game.

Dembele might be the best shout yet.

Every teammate also seems to rave about him and say he was levels above everyone in training. Feel like he never had the output in terms of numbers which is why he never got a massive move.