***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The boy Neves will be their next big sale.

Thought he was brilliant last night and unlike the rest of their players, he didn’t act like a dick.

Another one off the conveyer belt! Heard last night they’d brought in 1.5bn in sales so he’ll be another multi-million job at just 19. They’re doing something very right, albeit they can tap into South America far easier than Scotland eg Cifuentes 😂.

Our teenagers……”training in morn, then Greggs at lunch, up eh road for some PS5 action, then oot on eh razz for some nanny at weekend or get wrecked wi ma mates” 

Thought Tav and Lundstram looked out on their feet last night with about 20 minutes to go, similar to Motherwell. I know it’s a big call but I’d like to see them rested on Sunday. Sterling can play right back and either Jack or Raskin can replace Lundstram. Goldson needs a bit of time off as well but it’s fuck all to do with fitness. 

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Thought Tav and Lundstram looked out on their feet last night with about 20 minutes to go, similar to Motherwell. I know it’s a big call but I’d like to see them rested on Sunday. Sterling can play right back and either Jack or Raskin can replace Lundstram. Goldson needs a bit of time off as well but it’s fuck all to do with fitness. 

Sterling had ice pack around Hammy at end of game last night.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Thought lunny especially with about 20 to go just looked dead on his feet I agree I think a rest is needed to keep freshness in bigger games coming 

23 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If we go out the cup on Sunday having made those changes there will be a meltdown on here. Strongest team on Sunday 

I actually thought Tav came onto a game at end.

Lawrence was spent not long into second half.

Lundstram with 20 to go.

The bench though - full of kids, players who can only play 20 minutes or players who are calling it in.

Transfer policies from previous regimes biting us on the arse.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Going into next week with a level scoreline is class 

Loving the whole feel around the club atm 

Real opportunity to get to a quarter final again of Europe . Its strange how we have become almost accustomed to competing in the later stages of this tournament :lol:

17 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

If we go out the cup on Sunday having made those changes there will be a meltdown on here. Strongest team on Sunday 

Agree with this. We want every trophy we are going for but the Scottish cup and the league are our realistic chances for silverware

After last Saturday aswell we just need to get back to winning and Easter road in the cup is as good a place as any to start  

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thought he was brilliant last night and unlike the rest of their players, he didn’t act like a dick.

Pisses me off we can't get our act together in landing youth talent to be the next best thing, or producing it.

It's the only way to make up for the lack of cash available in our league.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Weird career so far, was magic at Ajax then took a couple of sideways steps if not backwards ones with Shakhtar and Benfica 

14 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Shouldn't be a pen. I'm positive it hits his head first.

GIGJCOvXEAAIZds.jpeg

It definitely does hit his head. Is there a reason this rule wasn’t followed? The handball deflects the ball into play, instead of out for a corner.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Pisses me off we can't get our act together in landing youth talent to be the next best thing, or producing it.

It's the only way to make up for the lack of cash available in our league.

Difficult for us to hoover up the best Scottish talent now as EPL teams swarming all over Scotland.

14 EPL team scouts at an Under 15 game last week.

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I actually thought Tav came onto a game at end.

Lawrence was spent not long into second half.

Lundstram with 20 to go.

The bench though - full of kids, players who can only play 20 minutes or players who are calling it in.

Transfer policies from previous regimes biting us on the arse.

Think Lawrence should’ve been subbed early second half, he ran himself into the ground right from the first whistle. Tremendous shift from him and everyone else, even the players that weren’t at their best still gave everything which is all we can ask