***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sure, the German ref could have sent off Di Maria at the end (straight red imo, but at least a second yellow), but it's great to talk about a cracking game of football for a change, instead of conspiracies.

The level of refs in Europe is night and day to Scottish refs.

Didnt think the Ref tonight was brilliant either. I remember not long after Sterling got a yellow one of their players got away with one. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Didnt think the Ref tonight was brilliant either. I remember not long after Sterling got a yellow one of their players got away with one. 

He did let a few go, but there was so much more to talk about, especially the football on display.

The last two or three league games have all been about the refs and I've certainly had my share to say, but not tonight.

I just find it a lot more refreshing.

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He did let a few go, but there was so much more to talk about, especially the football on display.

The last two or three league games have all been about the refs and I've certainly had my share to say, but not tonight.

I just find it a lot more refreshing.

Agreed. Bring on next Thursday! 

5 hours ago, johanhentze said:

He was pissing me off. That rolling about in the box after Goldson cleared the ball.. cunt. He should have had a second yellow as well, by the way.

Otamendi playing at billy the pretend hardman, as he did in the PL, always a whiny bitch even then and has always thought he is a tough guy. 

5 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Am sure they said in commentary that benfica have sold on players for more than €1.5bn over the last ten years. 

If that's right then fuck me. Get their guy in.

You do realise that's all down to the club structure, league and location rather than one guy? :lol:

6 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Also i might be mistaken but right at the end of the first half sterling fouled someone while on a booking and the ref blew for HT, think benfica wanted sterling off, ref had none of it

48 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Also i might be mistaken but right at the end of the first half sterling fouled someone while on a booking and the ref blew for HT, think benfica wanted sterling off, ref had none of it

I don’t even think that was a foul, they had just dialled the dark arts up to 100 and started appealing for everything 

Their fans trying to console themselves again after another excellent performance. “Well they won’t beat Liverpool, Leverkusen, Milan, or Roma” :lol: Desperate bastards, just let us take care of them you just focus on trying to win a knockout tie in the next few decades. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The club should really be asking Uefa about the handball rule, given what happened with West Ham.

The West Ham one is exactly how the rule should be applied I think. It was the same with Findlay’s one at Killie. Positive if it comes off another part of your body and then hits the hand it can’t be given because you’re not in control of it

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Am sure they said in commentary that benfica have sold on players for more than €1.5bn over the last ten years. 

If that's right then fuck me. Get their guy in.

They spent more on transfers in the summer than we're currently worth (according to transfermrkt.com)😂