***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I liked him - a good no nonsense player that done his bit. When I saw his stats, he played 130 odd games for us and can honestly never remember him having a bad game, but amazed he only scored 3 goals for us.

would walk into todays team.

Won the league title in Scotland and England. A fine player

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

This is what gets fans annoyed btw. Look at this from the West Ham game. Ball hits the player and then the arm so it isn’t a penalty. Penalty given against us in an identical scenario. It needs cleared up. 

Ffs that looked like a certain penalty, these rules need sorted, it is destroying the game.

16 minutes ago, bornabear said:

You've got to remember mate, 99% of posters on here haven't played football at any level, only subuteo or any pretend shit. 

I’m buzzing we’ve come away with a good result but if you’ve played football and aren’t pissed off at how ineffective Dessers was tonight (again), I’m assuming your level was left back for your school team.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

I'd not waste the energy in responding to it. Goldson and Tav can't win are shitebags etc etc.

Ridvan wants to leave apparently he is homesick/unsettled so unless us winning some more silverware can sway him he will be away. If he keeps that kind of form it will be with a tidy profit however 

Pretty sure Clement helped him adjust better since coming in, you can see him more integrated with the squad than before, has a few mates in Wright and McCausland now whereas before you would always see him by himself.

Great result but so close to the win, thought we played really well at times and show we can hurt them.

Need to cut out the mistakes but given the squad that was available, they are fighting for one another and will give it a go next week but first huge focus on the weekend to bury the tarrier cunts.

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

This is what gets fans annoyed btw. Look at this from the West Ham game. Ball hits the player and then the arm so it isn’t a penalty. Penalty given against us in an identical scenario. It needs cleared up. 

We have a serious officiating issue all across football. If we are punished for Souttar's handball and this isn't given, then we're playing a different sport, because the only explanation is that the rules in these two games must be different.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I liked him - a good no nonsense player that done his bit. When I saw his stats, he played 130 odd games for us and can honestly never remember him having a bad game, but amazed he only scored 3 goals for us.

would walk into todays team.

Passed the ball to Tony Cascarino and cost us a goal on a 1-1 draw with them at Ibrox. Good player, who benefited from having very good players around him. Not so sure he would, tbh.

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Won the league title in Scotland and England. A fine player

Yeah, he was a typical Souness signing. We got value for money out of him.

Souness had a knack of getting players, getting something from them, then moving them on. I remember Mel Sterland, he looked a player but Souness binned him after a few months 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair play to young Cole Mckinnon when he came on. Can’t have been easy but done his part and had an excellent block.

Thought he did well and helped get us over the line, good to see the manager trusting him as well, hopefully see a bit more of him in about the squad.

10 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The heart, fight, resiliance and game plan is all there for us at the moment. 

The gaffer has us all playing for each other and we appear to be fostering a seige mentality with everyone playing their part 

Brilliant!

It goes a really fucking long way. Luxury players rarely have that heart, fight and resilliance and nights like tonight show that. We will get right fucking in them at Ibrox and they will shite themselves. Guaranteed! 

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

Thought he did well and helped get us over the line, good to see the manager trusting him as well, hopefully see a bit more of him in about the squad.

It’ll do the boys confidence no harm. I’m sure Phil will give the young lads a chance if he thinks they’re good enough