Fabio Silva

I expected more from him today but he was all over the shop bar a 2 minute spell for the pen and disallowed goal. 

The diving was embarrassing, not what I want to see in a game like this. Double chance missed in the first half really bad as well 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There wasn’t a pick up in quality with Matondo in general play - taking nothing away from his outstanding goal.

Yeh Matondo’s link up is still poor.

But Silva just isn’t producing. Matondo’s stats in the league are just far better. He has pace and he can cut inside and get you a goal.

Which is enough to justify him ahead of Silva.

Either way we need better in Summer

We'd be slaughtering one of their players for diving about like that and rightly so, it was a riddy watching him today. Did his bit to win the penalty, and even then we're lucky VAR stepped in, but offered very little otherwise. He's been a useful addition in the sense our squad was threadbare and he gave us a decent option out wide but he's not someone I'd spend a huge chunk of our budget on. Sima and Cortes before Silva for me.

Poor today barely made an impact on our forward play through the match although did win the penalty and made the run from deep in his own half before the chalked off goal.

As for his diving about he'd have been better using his skill to get the ball beyond the defence or bring players into the game .

That bad even dessers was motioning him to get up 

He does have a degree of talent, but his antics today were a fucking disgrace. 

Was rolling about like he had been stone cold stunnered at the wrestling. 

Did well to win the penalty tbf. 

The Portuguese are masters at getting top dollar for slightly better than average players. 

I like Silva but have no idea where he plays or how to get the best out of him.

Doubt he knows himself, and that's probably the more worrying part. 

Whoever we sign, for reasonably big money as far as we’re concerned (don’t start with the “it’s not a lot of money in world transfers” shite), they just have to do damage in games against them. For way too long, our front 3 haven’t laid a glove on them, or put any fear in them.  Silva is the same, as countless before him so he can return to his parent club in the summer. 

Hes lucky there is VAR because I think Beaton had booked him for a dive because he was sick of his antics. I also think he couldve cost us a few times with his staying down and rolling about, he left us a man down and then just gets up throws his arms about in a huff, needs to get his act together, at this point I wouldnt even give Wolves 3 million for him and hes supposedly worth 35?

23 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Don’t mind him going down if there’s contact.

With Var as it is you’re going to get penalties.

It’s the ridiculous theatrics and rolling around that are going to end up counting against him.

Rest of his general play was pish.

He was pish against Hibs also. I wouldnt start him against Dundee