*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

2 minutes ago, bam74 said:

He's a myth. Better supposedly better than Barasic seems to be his only redeeming feature right now. 

He turned attack into desperate defending. Brutal.

Wasn't the only mare tonight though. 

Back from the game

Not a terrible performance, but the brutal truth is that we lack the cutting edge required at this level.  A front three of Wright, Dessers and Silva is nothing like good enough.

I think Clement has done wonders with very little, but if we want to improve, he will need to be backed in the summer.

What I did like to see is that our pressing game continues to develop.  Benfica did struggle against it at the back at times.  I think this will be crucial in the two (maybe three) games we still have to play against the other lot as they don't handle it well

Good defensively and in midfield. Lacking quality up front that makes the difference at this level. Players gave everything against a real good side. 

Said after the first corner we had we were far too exposed to the counter attack with the pace they had. Never understood it at all. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think we were let down. Just had nothing left in the tank second half.

Injury list is having a big impact. 

Unfortunately what we could field as a starting 11 tonight just isn't good enough at this level. It struggles at times against the shite in our league so no real surprise. 

5 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Ok, he's real. Just pretty fucking shite ( but better than Barasic )

1 minute ago, rocester said:

His corner taking skills? Real of stuff of legend? 

Pair of bum boys imo 

We didn’t play to our potential tonight but I also thought they looked a much better team than they did last week. I thought the midfield were poor in the first half, didn’t keep the ball or move it quick enough at times . You could see 10 minutes into the second half that all the running they made us do was taking its toll. Another European run to be proud of with Betis away as a huge highlight. Now we concentrate on the league. Hopefully a blessing in disguise. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You posted this twenty minutes ago

"Well done Phil some of your decisions and tactics cost us"

And I stand by it ,thought his substitutions were way too late. Diamonde was fucked and got caught out a few times,he must have seen that the same as we did. How many times did we all go up in the box and then had to burn a ton of energy getting back to stop them scoring. We didnt learn the first few times it happened.