*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

The support have a huge part to play in giving the team a lift from our vocal backing.

Was worried last week and apprehensive again that Thursday could be a step too far against a very good team, especially if it went to ET and we tired.

Hope we go for it and it's good enough on the night.

We could see Diomande moved out wide left as he played there at times in Denmark, and Silva moved onto the right, but not sure who is available that the manager would then use in the centre of the park. The idea of Jack or Raskin coming in there is worrying.

Could also see Matondo come into the line up, though again, he hasn't played a whole lot. If Clement somehow got a tune out of him on the right wing then I think he might be a miracle worker. :lol:

Not much wriggle room. Just have to back them for the duration and see where it takes us.

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

We could see Diomande moved out wide left as he played there at times in Denmark, and Silva moved onto the right, but not sure who is available that the manager would then use in the centre of the park. The idea of Jack or Raskin coming in there is worrying.

Could also see Matondo come into the line up, though again, he hasn't played a whole lot. If Clement somehow got a tune out of him on the right wing then I think he might be a miracle worker. :lol:

Not much wriggle room. Just have to back them for the duration and see where it takes us.

Jacks injured again apparently 

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I would play Matondo purely because I think we'll get plenty space in behind them.

Benfica rested 3/4s of their team yesterday. Add in the injury to Sterling and it's going to be a difficult task.

The fans will play a major part in giving the players added adrenaline who are otherwise running on fumes. It will be some atmosphere. 

I'm not sure Roofe is ready to start, so Dessers will have a role to play in this game.

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Lundstram Diomande

McCausland Lawrence Silva

Roofe

Sterling won’t make it imo but if he does then swap him with McCausland who has been pretty poor in recent weeks. Dessers can stay at home 

There no way Sterling makes it. Be out for weeks if not months. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Butland

Lundstram Diamonde 

Matondo Lawrence Silva

Roofe 

Would maybe go with this instead of playing McCausland. Forgot Matondo was available 

Sterling will be out. Think rest of the team picks itself. (Desser’s or Roofe the coin flip).We can still field a decent starting 11.

Butland

Lundstram Diamonde 

Matondo Lawrence Silva

Roofe 

Actually have more confidence in this than the Dundee game 😂.

Something about Ibrox Thursday nights

I think we’d beat them at Ibrox without much hassle with a full team but it’s going to take a big effort from everyone now with Sterling out as well 

Unsure what solution Clement will come up with but I hope it doesn’t involve McCausland, after his initial displays his form has fallen off a cliff 

I still think we’ll get through this game

46 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Butland

Lundstram Diamonde 

Matondo Lawrence Silva

Roofe 

This should be the team. McCausland is low on confidence and Matondo shld be hungry to show what he can do and has pace to hurt them.  Roofe has looked quite sharp in his cameos and has proved himself in Europe before. Even if he only lasts an hour, I'd back him to get us a goal before bringing on the Dessmeister General.

37 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Sterling will be out. Think rest of the team picks itself. (Desser’s or Roofe the coin flip).We can still field a decent starting 11.

Butland

Lundstram Diamonde 

Matondo Lawrence Silva

Roofe 

Actually have more confidence in this than the Dundee game 😂.

Something about Ibrox Thursday nights

Matondo is woeful (even more so) on the right.