*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

44 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Could’ve said a lot of sound bites that weren’t him saying it was ‘good’ in any way 

Unacceptable, let the fans down, need to do better, can’t afford performances like that, do everything we can to win all the remaining games etc. Any of those responses I’d have just said yeah fine generic stuff you’d expect but what he said is just total garbage 

Aye, I think it's an indicator that a. he's not really been in a title fight in his career and b. whoever is briefing the players on what to say doesn't know either.

Should be a straight forward "We let the fans down, we have 6 league games to make it right", "We have 6 league games to show it was a blip" etc etc.

24 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I dont think they would tbh

Also there's a massive difference between 'burying' them and what he said

He didn't look happy with the performance, what would you prefer him to say?

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

First press conference of Clements I've absolutely no intention of watching. I'd usually be on it immediately after it's been posted but after Sunday I just don'tgive a fuck about what he's got to say. 

Just get the right team out there and win the fucking game. 

And as for Butlands comments... Holy fuck. Did we not get a wake up call at home to Motherwell? Did we not get a wake up call in the first half last Sunday? Did we not reset at half time last Sunday? Was the first minute of the game at the weekend not a wake up call? Was the entire first half not a wake up call? Honest to fuck I'm so sick of hearing this same old shite time and time again. 

Exactly how I feel aswell

Badly let down time and again

48 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He didn't look happy with the performance, what would you prefer him to say?

Not describe our worst result of the season as a 'good wake up call' when we're less than 10 games from potentially winning a treble

For me as it stands if we win tonight we will be two wins away from possibly being top of the fenians even draw and it could be back to as you where.

likely? Who knows, Sunday was disgusting but attitude and application like against the fenians second half and I can’t see any team living with us outwith them.

Read lots of stuff on here in the last few days, some of it was exactly how I was feeling on Sunday after the match but after taking the day to calm down I’ve realised that it’s still possible however probably unlikely. 

whilst we can still do it (as it stands all hinging on what happens at the piggery then I won’t be conceding anything. It’s not staunch or fuck all it’s just the realisation that to be (if we win tonight) 1 point behind you can’t be conceding titles when you’ve still to play your only rival for the title in that period and both teams have to play the best sides in the league.

probably no win tonight now :lol:

10 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Knowing roofe he'll score first minute and break his hand high fiving someone in the celebration 

That’s fine you can play on with a cast , but if it’s his thumb he’ll be out for weeks 😞

Just need 3 points and get to fuck. Reckon it’ll be a struggle as we can’t just go from that performance on Sunday to world beaters in the space of a few days. Two wins in our next two games and try and build our confidence up.

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

That’s fine you can play on with a cast , but if it’s his thumb he’ll be out for weeks 😞

If he's had surgery and needed an anaesthetic then the medical department won't let them play within a certain time period.