*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

Just now, superallysbears said:

Hoping Goldson is sitting this one out, not sure but we've probably seen the best of him now, I'd be surprised if he can get back to what he was, looks to have lost a yard as well as his confidence.

Want Davies instead?

30 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I wasn't able to read the whole article but the graphic they've used in that tweet really hits home the naivety in the team out of possession.  Clement has really pushed this team forward with chance creation and goals imo, our play with the ball under Beale was stale to say the least. But we really do leave some amount of gaps when we lose it and don't deal with those scenarios well enough.  Teams in the english premier league are hyper aggressive in those situations in that they hold a backline on the halfway line (I watched newcastle beat spurs the other day and spurs were so far forward they tried to play a guy offside in his own half).  We never really look like we know how to hold a line at all.  We also fail to get close enough to win it back quickly, or at the very least, break the counter attack with a foul (something celtic did to us for the entire game at ibrox last week).

I think Clement understands the counter-attacking problem tbf, he said it's a failing of system and organisation I believe his quote was, but while we continue to persevere with Barisic and Tav in the wing back roles I think we'll always be exposed to counter attacking football imo.

The jist of the article is that Clement had basically fixed this when he came in with a tight squad due to injuries, but subsequently more injuries has lead to a rotation of players and that rotation has lead to a subsequent breakdown in roles, communication and structure.

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Too many defeatists on here fs it's only Dundee we're playing not fucking Barca, they only look good because we've been shite this season, we're more than capable of going up there tonight and turning them over!

I'm sure the same was said before Ross County. A team who'd never beaten us and are in the lofty position of second bottom. Dundee are a better team than them but we hammered them in the last game up there and by rights we should do the same again tonight. After Sunday though I'm not so sure what version of us will turn up. The pitch issue as well as Dundee probably being fired up to get a result after weeks of bad press could make a long night for us 

Just now, superallysbears said:

Not really, hoping for big Leon but he's ill, I think next season we'll be complaining about Goldson more and more, he's fell off a cliff imo.

on a comfy contract and no one decent in his place to challenge him for his spot.

when have people not complained?

County game binned the notion that you can get away with only playing one centre mid.

Dowell had no clue where to stand half the time. When to press, when to drop.

Both on and off the ball it’s a completely different skill set.

Get through tonight hopefully and we should look a lot better with Diomande back in there.

If we go to the Piggery with Yilmaz back and a proper midfield. Maybe Lundstrum, Diomande and Sterling. We can get a result.

23 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

He's been given a pass for most of his time here, I think from here on in that'll change.

Between departures, recruitment and a full summer under Clement, we will be a very different team next season.

For the moment, all we can do is wring out every drop of joy and success out of this season.

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Between departures, recruitment and a full summer under Clement, we will be a very different team next season.

For the moment, all we can do is wring out every drop of joy and success out of this season.

Hopefully, be surprised if Goldson is moved on though.