Tav's time is up.

There's been talk for a while about Tav being moved forward on the right to accommodate a new RB, I think we tried it with Patterson once or twice. But given Tav doesn't quite have the engine he did say three years ago could there be a place for him in central midfield and give Sterling a chance to establish himself in his favoured position at RB? 

Tav playing alongside Lundstram with Diomonde/Cantwell in front of them would be my call.

On 08/04/2024 at 14:17, KeyserSoze said:

Sterling gave the ball straight to them which allowed Hart to pump it forward for their first goal 

A gift

Wright was guilty of not doubling up with Tav. Whoever is on that wing needs to do their job properly. Your wide men need to support our wingbacks 

Why do we need to double up when maeda is on tavs side, yilmaz stuck him in his back pocket at parkhead and only took him out when he went back in to get changed after full time

Maeda is pish, he runs fast thats it, if our right back cant handle a sprinter then that shows how poor a defender he is

We cant sit there and complain that we dont press high up the park, while wanting our wingers to drop deep and double up on the tarrier wingers 

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Why do we need to double up when maeda is on tavs side, yilmaz stuck him in his back pocket at parkhead and only took him out when he went back in to get changed after full time

Maeda is pish, he runs fast thats it, if our right back cant handle a sprinter then that shows how poor a defender he is

We cant sit there and complain that we dont press high up the park, while wanting our wingers to drop deep and double up on the tarrier wingers 

Doesn’t really matter who the opposition is. If you play with wingbacks you need to defend the gaps. Normally done by your wide mids/wingers. Filling the space to help out on a counter. 

Tav is definitely declining as a player.  He doesn't have the engine anymore and his passing has been horrific recently.  He still gets goals but other than that the rest of his game make him a liability right now.

What’s madness is expecting a 32 year old right back to play the most attritional position on the park.

Ask him to play more minutes than anyone else in European football.

And then not expect and drop off in his performances 😂.

The guy has played almost 1,000 minutes more than celtic’s top players. And folk expect him to be fresh as a fiddle.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

What’s madness is expecting a 32 year old right back to play the most attritional position on the park.

Ask him to play more minutes than anyone else in European football.

And then not expect and drop off in his performances 😂.

The guy has played almost 1,000 minutes more than celtic’s top players. And folk expect him to be fresh as a fiddle.

I expect a RB to defend first and foremost tbh, and for every single one of their chances, he disappeared from RB and ended up at CB, an even more useless position for him.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

I expect a RB to defend first and foremost tbh, and for every single one of their chances, he disappeared from RB and ended up at CB, an even more useless position for him.

Not defending his performance. I agree he’s been fucking shite of late. 

But not in the one bit surprised given how much football and running he has done.

Our medical/sports science team must be non existent.

He's been an excellent servant to the club and put up some great numbers, but he's not a club legend and we won't win another title with him in the team. We should take any decent offer that comes in in the summer and move him on.

16 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I don't know why folk keep bulling him up, he's had his best days and is just like a bystander now. Captain yes, leader no, there is a big difference in the two.

The main problem i have with playing Tav is not his poor passing, defending and leadership.

It's the fact we have a 24 year old in Sterling who is ready to play and has a great future in the game sitting on the sidelines. 

Horrendous today.

It's time we get a right back who can play as a right back. Tavs been incredible but we can't go into next season leaving the gaps he does at the back. 

We will need to bring in forward players to replace his output that's a given but a good team is built from the back and our defence is howling.

Their chance in the first few minutes when Sima defended the back post because Tav was over mid-left sums it up.  Start of an away game, going for a title and in the first few minutes we’re all over the shop. Just do basics and don’t give a sniff anyway. 

he’s been a remarkable servant and just fantastic value for money but he‘s been absolutely woeful in the last few weeks when it’s time to step up and lead the team over the line.  Don’t get over the line now in the league and he’s done for me. 

7 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Absolutely woeful and those over hit corners ? 
Fuck me 

No idea how PC can watch him hit them week after week and not change it up a bit. Might as well just give the ball straight to the keeper anytime we get one to save us wasting time.

15 minutes ago, five stars said:

After our 1st half performance in the Old Firm game, our result today shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

Too many on this forum are happy with mediocrity.

Don’t know about you mate but I can’t see anyone here happy with that shite today.