Tav's time is up.

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

How long do you think he has left as our no1 RB?

Should we play a defensive midfield beside him to make up for his snail like pace?

Probably another season or 2

He just absolutely fucked it today and put us on the back foot straight away. If he just launched into the Govan, the Jap wouldn’t have been anywhere near him but his dithering just 20secs in put us on such a back foot, it’s criminal. Offers so much going forward (usually) but he shat it from the first minute against Maeda (who is utter gash btw).

We’ll probably only miss him when he’s gone but in such a momentous game for us you don’t want your captain to fuck up inside the first minute. In a game where you want to say to your entire back 4, “don’t fuck about” we sadly have a back 4 who do. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyem said:

Tav has always been a bit of an enigma, but the good far outweighs the bad and he is still an automatic choice in my eyes.

And what do you think of Sterling?

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He just absolutely fucked it today and put us on the back foot straight away. If he just launched into the Govan, the Jap wouldn’t have been anywhere near him but his dithering just 20secs in put us on such a back foot, it’s criminal. Offers so much going forward (usually) but he shat it from the first minute against Maeda (who is utter gash btw).

We’ll probably only miss him when he’s gone but in such a momentous game for us you don’t want your captain to fuck up inside the first minute. In a game where you want to say to your entire back 4, “don’t fuck about” we sadly have a back 4 who do. 

What was he thinking about?

He was in a good position when the ball was played but decided to jog back while  hold his arns out to the side?

And he knows he playing against one of the quickest players in the league.

It's an absolutely mind-boggling  level of incompetent.

Captain material !!??

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

What was he thinking about?

He was in a good position when the ball was played but decided to jog back while  hold his arns out to the side?

And he knows he playing against one of the quickest players in the league.

It's an absolutely mind-boggling the level of incompetent.

Captain material !!??

Give it a rest. He inexplicably fucked up fpr their opener but even so it was still unlucky the ball pinged in off their player's shin, and looking at his contribution over recent years it's a forgivable mistake.

His contribution is MASSIVELY positive.

Just now, Amato said:

Give it a rest. He inexplicably fucked up fpr their opener but even so it was still unlucky the ball pinged in off their player's shin, and looking at his contribution over recent years it's a forgivable mistake.

His contribution is MASSIVELY positive.

It's not what you need from your captain in the 1st minute of the biggest game of the season. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation for what he was thinking of?

11 minutes ago, five stars said:

It's not what you need from your captain in the 1st minute of the biggest game of the season. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation for what he was thinking of?

Biggest mistake was getting caught on his heals and putting himself in the situation.

But after that options are: boot it out of play, play it back to Butland and put him under pressure, try and take possession himself or boot it out/off Maeda.

Chose the latter, fucked it. But at that point it’s ridiculously bad luck. It’s a total fluke goal. 99 times out 100 that goes for our throw in, goal kick or to the keeper.

21 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Honestly get this thread in the bin. Take him and his goals out the team and the scum would have won the league by now.

I’m not his biggest fan as he ain’t that good a defender but from purely a goals/assists stats perspective I doubt he’s cost us more points in the SPFL than he’s earned this season.

Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can point to his defensive mistakes that has directly led to goals against in the SPFL that altered the result (I’ve only noted the cock up today which in effect cancels out his goal).

By my reckoning (see attached)  his goals have won/salvaged us 8 points this season and his assists have probably contributed towards another 5 points (assuming nobody else would have created assists in the absence of Tav’s efforts).

EDIT: The only mistake of Tav’s this season which has actually cost us points is the where it ricocheted off Maeda.

So, Tav’s nett worth to the team in terms of points are earned as a direct result of his actions  is between +6 and +11 this season.

IMG_0072.jpeg

1 minute ago, beararse said:

I’m not his biggest fan as he ain’t that good a defender but from purely a goals/assists stats perspective I doubt he’s cost us more points in the SPFL than he’s earned this season.

Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can point to his defensive mistakes that has directly led to goals against in the SPFL that altered the result (I’ve only noted the cock up today which in effect cancels out his goal).

By my reckoning (see attached)  his goals have won/salvaged us 8 points this season and his assists have probably contributed towards another 6 points (assuming nobody else would have created assists in the absence of Tav’s efforts).

IMG_0069.jpeg

Are you a teacher mate? Looks like you're marking homework 😂

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

By my reckoning (see attached)  his goals have won/salvaged us 8 points this season and his assists have probably contributed towards another 6 points (assuming nobody else would have created assists in the absence of Tav’s efforts).

IMG_0069.jpeg

Not again.

I'm out man.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not again.

I'm out man.

Cannae keep a good man down 🤣

somebody asked the question ‘where would we be without him?’. 
there’s the answer….probably 😜

He had an absolute shocker today and freak or no that first goal was criminal defending. Started the game like it was training match, passing all over the place, crosses garbage. Yes amazing stats blah blah blah but he seems to have learnt very little as to how to play against that lot. Naive as fck again.