Tav's time is up.

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Remember we tried that years ago with pushing him forward and sticking hodson at right back. 

Won't necessarily get the same result. Player older and different gaffer. But I would like our best shooting players up the pitch.

59 minutes ago, five stars said:

It's not what you need from your captain in the 1st minute of the biggest game of the season. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation for what he was thinking of?

Inexplicable. I have no explanation but it doesn't make him a pariah

Tav had a horror first half but some of our fans giving the kind of abuse was fucking shocking.

I always find it odd we boo the team off at HT then clap and cheer them back on and give good support from the 45th minute. We had a shocking first half but alot of fans flipping out and howling at everything from 25 seconds didnt help the team get back into the game. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Why would Tav's replacement be shite? 

The same way Sima replacing Kent didn't work? 

Cause you aint replacing his forward qualities anytime soon. 

Defensively could you get better? Yeah, without a doubt, but a player in that position that offers that much in terms of goal threat (both scoring and assisting) will be a hard ask and 100% will be compared to tavs contributions 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Defensively could you get better? Yeah, without a doubt, but a player in that position that offers that much in terms of goal threat (both scoring and assisting) will be a hard ask and 100% will be compared to tavs contributions 

We can replace them if we invest properly up front 

Summer will be interesting to see what the management team do 

5 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Bad first half but got no help at all from any on the right side of our team. No idea where Wright was hiding.

The first goal was nothing to do with Wright, nor was he involved in Tav's sloppy pass before the 2nd. 

But he was rotten too.

35 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

But it's an apples n oranges type argument. 

He's not in anyway a good defender, thus contributing to the bomb scare our back 4 is. 

If we get a centre back in the summer and a right back that are rock solid, the only reason anybody will miss Tav is if we've not done our work in the transfer window. If we do, then nobody misses him. 

That's the reality. 

5 hours ago, five stars said:

He's been a great servant to the club but he doesn't have the pace anymore to play.

Fortunately, Sterling is ready to take over.

And none of this changing the team around to play him right midfield or whatever. 

It's time.

:lol:

He's done now, but imo has spent the last 3 to 4 years carrying the can for Goldsons inability to defend the most simple situations. 

Goldson wants to drop deep and central and it leaves tavernier far too much ground to cover. 

Been watching for a while now and i think he has stockholm syndrome. He doesnt realise the guy who "covers" him  is the guy who leaves him so exposed.

Goldson seems to have some kind of hold over him and they both bully whoever goldson deems is the fall guy for his lack of positional sense. 

You can see when you watch the europa final back, goldson goes to blame bassey who gets him told straight. Tav then joins in. Needs to show his balls and tell his mate when he is wrong

2 hours ago, VanVeenRangers said:

Tav had a horror first half but some of our fans giving the kind of abuse was fucking shocking.

I always find it odd we boo the team off at HT then clap and cheer them back on and give good support from the 45th minute. We had a shocking first half but alot of fans flipping out and howling at everything from 25 seconds didnt help the team get back into the game. 

You really trying to place the blame at the feet of the fans????

The team pulled up well short of what needed to be done in the first fucking 15 mins never mind 45. Im not one to boo but after that performance i cant blame anyone who wanted to.  Give your self a break. We were pish and they needed to know that imo 

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely shat the bed again.

Great pen, but pish in general. 

Said it many times before….he is a fucking bomb scare. Never a Rangers right back. Never a Rangers captain. Distorts the team shape and play every game. Serial loser!

Full back role has changed quite a bit over recent years; emphasis is on forward play and the few who can defend is a bonus. Alexander- Arnold constantly criticised for his defensive frailties. Shaw, Chilwell and so many other “top” full backs are poor defensively.Even going back to one of our best full backs, David Robertson , we were told what a poor defender he was. 
Nowadays, a lot of top clubs are doing what Walter did through his career; playing one natural central defender at full back. We have played with 2 attacking full backs for years but this year when both full backs had bombed forward at the same time we have not seem midfielders slotting back to cover which has cost us with Goldson and Souttar being exposed with long balls over the top especially since they leave so much distance between them.

Tav was struggling badly today until Sima came on and occupied their left side. There was no help in the first half with Wright, even a youngster like McAusland learned he had to track back.

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

He's done now, but imo has spent the last 3 to 4 years carrying the can for Goldsons inability to defend the most simple situations. 

Goldson wants to drop deep and central and it leaves tavernier far too much ground to cover. 

Been watching for a while now and i think he has stockholm syndrome. He doesnt realise the guy who "covers" him  is the guy who leaves him so exposed.

Goldson seems to have some kind of hold over him and they both bully whoever goldson deems is the fall guy for his lack of positional sense. 

You can see when you watch the europa final back, goldson goes to blame bassey who gets him told straight. Tav then joins in. Needs to show his balls and tell his mate when he is wrong

That’s balls.

Goldson’s fell away big time but blaming him for Tavernier’s defending which has been the same since before Goldson arrived is hilarious.

5 hours ago, VanVeenRangers said:

Maybe they're just fed up paying good money to watch the same players serving up the same old shite when it matters. 

I knew it during but the more I've watched replays of the game, Diomande and Wright were abysmal in that first half.

Tav isn't a defender, he's a wing back and he's always needed midfielders to cover for him. I'm not excusing Tav, I've criticised him often but he had nothing in front of him or to the side. Diomande is young but was no where in that game and he's got a lot to learn