Tav's time is up.

22 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

His goal and assist record disagrees.  He looked slow today but so did half the team out there - fair enough not a great performance but the guy delivers and has done all season.

He's looked slow for nearly 2 seasons now. He peaked in the Europa league  final season and has been on the downward trajectory since.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You might be missing the fact he’s the reason we even have a chance at this league. Plus imagine him in a team with better than Wright, Dessers, Silva in front of him. 

he’s really not the problem 

Is Candeias still under 40? 🤔

That 1st goal today was pathetic.

If it was an 18 year old making his Old Firm debut you'd maybe make excuses for him and hope he learns from it.

It was pathetic and that our captain?

I can't believe people will except that level of performance. 

20 minutes ago, jamess said:

Sterling has done well when played further forward. Tav could move further forward if its a problem. My point is that Tav is one of our better players if looked at over a season. Crazy to say he needs moved on.

Remember we tried that years ago with pushing him forward and sticking hodson at right back. 

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Not good enough.  And not anywhere near it. No wonder we've not won much recently if fans are willing to except that level of performance. 

We are not and as much has been said all day. His and the other 10 who started were not up to it today. He wasn't alone and wasn't the worst either.

A weird fetish a section of our fanbase have with him. Its utterly bizzare 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And taking the ball off Tavernier which led to them getting a corner and penalty.

I had forgot about what lead to their penalty.

We all know Tav has an incredible goal scoring record for a full back, but as FAE has pointed out today he (and Goldson) were at fault for their first two goals. He obviously scored the penalty so that redeems some of his errors.

I have no idea what Phil thinks about Tav, but IF we could get decent money for him it might be time to let him go in the summer. 

Because of his goals we will never agree about his failings.

As far as penalties goes that should not be too difficult to overcome, but his assists are good.

I will sit on the fence with this one until the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Our defending isn't just down his side its all over the place. Our CB's are woeful. We require a rebuild across the back 

We'd be nowhere near the title without Tavs goals and assists and that's a fact.

Would we have been as far away if we could defend in the first place? If's and buts.

He's defensively not good enough and that's a fact.

Thankfully he's good going forward.

Just now, The Godfather said:

We are not and as much has been said all day. His and the other 10 who started were not up to it today. He wasn't alone and wasn't the worst either.

A weird fetish a section of our fanbase have with him. Its utterly bizzare 

Don't you rate Sterling? We have the solution to the right back problem, why not use it?

I've been a fan of Tav for years and stood up for him many times. I even argued years ago that he was worth an England call up. 

But he's done now.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Would we have been as far away if we could defend in the first place? If's and buts.

He's defensively not good enough and that's a fact.

Thankfully he's good going forward.

I don't think anyone has ever said he is good defensively or ever has been. He's a phenomenon going forward though for a full back and that's why he's broken British football records and been a mainstay in every single managers teams at Rangers. 

He's too important to drop and that's where we are at.

Just now, five stars said:

Don't you rate Sterling? We have the solution to the right back problem, why not use it?

I've been a fan of Tav for years and stood up for him many times. I even argued years ago that he was worth an England call up. 

But he's done now.

Sterling isn't a full back, he's proven he's a midfielder and we need him there as he's probably our best one. He can't just be shoehorned into RB to replace our captain. Won't happen 

Folk said he was done last season and the one before and again now...yet he scores screamers to win us games and digs us out the shit time after time then the same posters change their tune.

I'll never understand our fans 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

He's been a great servant to the club but he doesn't have the pace anymore to play.

Fortunately, Sterling is ready to take over.

And none of this changing the team around to play him right midfield or whatever. 

It's time.

Shut up man 

Another 2 moments to put into the compilation. A rebirth of the old arguments. Him and his pal Goldson cost us when it really matters. A good captain when he's having a bad game, doesn't bring others down, he does. 

1 minute ago, Albertz85 said:

Love Tav and he offers great goalscoring threat for a fullback. For a captain though far too many old firm big mistakes.

Always said he would be better midf.

Tav's never a midfielder. Never.