Tav's time is up.

32 minutes ago, five stars said:

He's the "fuel" for the rebuild.  Get whatever we can for him and reinvest.

He can go somewhere else to "learn".

Is he really that deluded to think any competent manager would have him as part of the rebuild? 

Starting to dislike him now with his bland pish.

I want Tav to stay.   Not as captain, but as a player.  And I want players who he can be rotated with.  

I don't think his legs being "gone" are an indication that he is finished.  I think it's an indication that he's played every game for us for years and years on end and that this has taken its toll. 

Tav's time is up. Taken off corners in the last two games and it's just a matter of time before he was taken off all set pieces. If he doesn't hear the fan's voice, then his ego is even bigger than I thought. He should be on the phone with his agent or Gerrard seeking a new club.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

I want Tav to stay.   Not as captain, but as a player.  And I want players who he can be rotated with.  

I don't think his legs being "gone" are an indication that he is finished.  I think it's an indication that he's played every game for us for years and years on end and that this has taken its toll. 

Whatever the reason, Tav's legs are gone. There's no chance he's getting the pace back he had a few seasons ago.

And it's not just about pace, his ability to get and down the park for 90 minutes, is also in deep decline. 

Considering the wages he's on, he'd be an expensive squad or back up player.

And if you add in this defensive frailty and questionable mentality, it becomes a no- brainer.

I hope we can get him off the wage bill, even if no transfer fee is involved. 

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

Whatever the reason, Tav's legs are gone. There's no chance he's getting the pace back he had a few seasons ago.

And it's not just about pace, his ability to get and down the park for 90 minutes, is also in deep decline. 

Considering the wages he's on, he'd be an expensive squad or back up player.

And if you add in this defensive frailty and questionable mentality, it becomes a no- brainer.

I hope we can get him off the wage bill, evem if no transfer fee is involved. 

Agree with you until the last line, we should absolutely look for a fee for him. 

In the first half of the final Balogun chipped the ball over to Tav on the right, and then instead of taking the ball down and making a pass up to Sterling moving up the field ahead of him, he hits a glancing header straight out of play ten yards up the pitch. THEN he holds out his arms in the Tavernier way and barks at Sterling for not being there for his header which went out before the halfway line. That, in a nutshell, is where we are with the captain.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Its took its toll because he never adapted his game (tbh he probably couldn't given how poor a defender he is) 

Look at davis' two times with us, first time he was either right mid or the proverbial box to box, had legs to get everywhere 

2nd time, a lot older and getting on a bit, he knew he had to change his game and did so

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Tav's time is up. Taken off corners in the last two games and it's just a matter of time before he was taken off all set pieces. If he doesn't hear the fan's voice, then his ego is even bigger than I thought. He should be on the phone with his agent or Gerrard seeking a new club.

Thought his corners on Saturday were excellent.

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Its took its toll because he never adapted his game (tbh he probably couldn't given how poor a defender he is) 

Look at davis' two times with us, first time he was either right mid or the proverbial box to box, had legs to get everywhere 

2nd time, a lot older and getting on a bit, he knew he had to change his game and did so

Theres a huge difference in being able to go from box to box to sitting deep and not running about non stop in midfield when compared to Tav playing RB for us.

Our style has always been reliant on him being attacking. Blaiming him for that is utter madness.

Tav has been a top contributer to Rangers over many seasons. He is probably suffering from being played constantly over his time with the club. I dont think he should be captain, I also dont think he should be played constantly. We have been to reliant on a RB to provide set plays & corners. He should either be played further forward, or told to stay in his starting position. What we are missing is quality in the front positions, expecting Tav to plug this gap is wrong if he plays RB. He is not a captain for me Id keep him and play him in 1 position without the licence to roam & play him less to promote hunger & give his body time to retain optimum preformance levels

If he can promise to learn from this season he should stay. But he has to learn from it. 

Only being sarcastic get him to feck and every other serial loser in that squad. He was literally shitting himself in the presser before the game, hopefully for the last time. We need guys who'll think the filth are utter garbage and I'm going to batter them. 

4 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Oh aye? And what percentage of his current salary do you want to pay him?

1 hour ago, Jamesbond said:

Tav has been a top contributer to Rangers over many seasons. He is probably suffering from being played constantly over his time with the club. I dont think he should be captain, I also dont think he should be played constantly. We have been to reliant on a RB to provide set plays & corners. He should either be played further forward, or told to stay in his starting position. What we are missing is quality in the front positions, expecting Tav to plug this gap is wrong if he plays RB. He is not a captain for me Id keep him and play him in 1 position without the licence to roam & play him less to promote hunger & give his body time to retain optimum preformance levels

You must be desperate for him to stay. 

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

58 matches. 

Played the full game in 56 of those. 

The other 2 he was subbed in the 85th and 86th minutes.

Pretty mental. Probably shouldn’t try that again if he’s here next season..

We need a back 4 who are primarily good defenders, and the other 6 to be capable of scoring, so it’s a wider issue across the team.,

But truthfully, Tav is not a good enough defender and we shouldn’t be reliant on a RB to provide goals as much as we do with him. The latter is not his doing.

He was exposed again by their LW in the final (not for the first time), and it won’t be for the last time if he is our first choice RB next season.  We need better, or expect the same outcome.

2 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

We need a back 4 who are primarily good defenders, and the other 6 to be capable of scoring, so it’s a wider issue across the team.,

But truthfully, Tav is not a good enough defender and we shouldn’t be reliant on a RB to provide goals as much as we do with him. The latter is not his doing.

He was exposed again by their LW in the final (not for the first time), and it won’t be for the last time if he is our first choice RB next season.  We need better, or expect the same outcome.

First paragraph nails it . 

Tavs carried our scoring these last few years , particularly with the lack of goals coming from the wings and midfield , but we need our defenders to do their jobs and defend , and the rest to do their job of moving forward . 

Surely it’s got to be money in for Tav?

He can no longer be the starting RB, time and again he’s done with a ball over the top - He either can’t judge it or he’s out of position with the attacker yards behind him….

If we can’t offload him he needs to be played at RW/midfield with limited defending duties and in a rotation system

12 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Surely it’s got to be money in for Tav?

He can no longer be the starting RB, time and again he’s done with a ball over the top - He either can’t judge it or he’s out of position with the attacker yards behind him….

If we can’t offload him he needs to be played at RW/midfield with limited defending duties and in a rotation system

We've had some poor right wingers in recent years but playing Tav there would be a new low.