Keeping them brings the same result

Bottling since 2018? How many hard line stories, disappointments have we seen. It's a mentality. Its not tireness, distractions, injuries or anything else. It's been staring us in the face for many year's. It wont be gone until the core of squad is moved away from the club. 

- No cups under Gerrard

- Seville final after all that hard work we lost against a mid table German team

- Outwith 55 season, we've only beaten them twice when it was during a title race. Ryan Jack 1-0 and Katic 2-1. After that we then collapsed. We never beat them post January unless the title is gone e.g. Arfield 2-0 or Cantwell 3-0. We lose vital games like Defoe up front at Ibrox, Ramsay 1-0 early goal but lose, this seasons first OF game and last week 3-3. Even in that game we bottled the first half and when it went 2-2. We love playing when people expect very little of us.

- League Cup final defeats

- Cup semi final defeats to Aberdeen

- Gio in the league throwing a 7 point lead away

- Under Beale we go his first 16 odd games unbeaten...why...because no pressure. As soon as we get close we lose.

- Yes there are poor ref decisions and we get unlucky sometimes but all the above and alot more doesn't discount the fact we are bottlers unless we have no pressure. 

Clement has probably done the best out of our Managers given the cup win and league form but we've not beaten them in 2 games. Our fans keep saying they are shite and will drop points. Wake up.....we aren't very good. We have decent footballers but players like Raskin, Tav, Lawrence cant all lose form cos they turn shite. It's shitting the bed under pressure.

If we got to the final game of this season and we just need a win to get the league, does anyone think we will do it easily? It wouldnt be like a Walter last day performance anyways. We will probably beat them at parkhead out of nowhere but then lose to Killie at home.

We've been awful in recent weeks Motherwell, Hibs goal, 3-3 and today. We're finished outwith a miracle. 

43 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Beyond ridiculous even adding in the Europa final.

Absolute nonsense, mid table German side that were resting their players in the league as they prioritised the EL and pretty much went unbeaten throughout the tournament, but aye we bottled it.

The core of the squad has changed.

Butland, Dowell, Cantwell, Souttar, Silva, Dessers, Sima, Matondo, Lawrence, Sterling all played today.

That’s a team of new signings. 

Much of our problems have come from the fact that our recruitment has been so shite that Tav and Lundstrum are still 2 of our best players.

Today was a combination of a lot of things.

A lack of quality in players like Dessers.

Mentality and lack of intensity.

A lack of squad depth. The difference between Dowell and Diomande or Barasic and Yilmaz is huge.

And general performance levels from many players falling off a cliff (for numerous reasons)

1 hour ago, VanVeenRangers said:

Bottling since 2018? How many hard line stories, disappointments have we seen. It's a mentality. Its not tireness, distractions, injuries or anything else. It's been staring us in the face for many year's. It wont be gone until the core of squad is moved away from the club. 

- No cups under Gerrard

- Seville final after all that hard work we lost against a mid table German team

- Outwith 55 season, we've only beaten them twice when it was during a title race. Ryan Jack 1-0 and Katic 2-1. After that we then collapsed. We never beat them post January unless the title is gone e.g. Arfield 2-0 or Cantwell 3-0. We lose vital games like Defoe up front at Ibrox, Ramsay 1-0 early goal but lose, this seasons first OF game and last week 3-3. Even in that game we bottled the first half and when it went 2-2. We love playing when people expect very little of us.

- Under Beale we go his first 16 odd games unbeaten...why...because no pressure. As soon as we get close we lose.

- Yes there are poor ref decisions and we get unlucky sometimes but all the above and alot more doesn't discount the fact we are bottlers unless we have no pressure. 

Clement has probably done the best out of our Managers given the cup win and league form but we've not beaten them in 2 games. Our fans keep saying they are shite and will drop points. Wake up.....we aren't very good. We have decent footballers but players like Raskin, Tav, Lawrence cant all lose form cos they turn shite. It's shitting the bed under pressure.

If we got to the final game of this season and we just need a win to get the league, does anyone think we will do it easily? It wouldnt be like a Walter last day performance anyways. We will probably beat them at parkhead out of nowhere but then lose to Killie at home.

We've been awful in recent weeks Motherwell, Hibs goal, 3-3 and today. We're finished outwith a miracle. 

IMG_1620.jpeg

We should all be conditioned to this nonsense now I don't even get angry just disappointed. 

Am thankful to have grown up watching a Rangers team being successful. It's the next generation I feel for the most. All they have is dvds and YouTube videos to watch. 

This team has proven for years it can't cope with the pressure.  How we change that I've no idea. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We should all be conditioned to this nonsense now I don't even get angry just disappointed. 

Am thankful to have grown up watching a Rangers team being successful. It's the next generation I feel for the most. All they have is dvds and YouTube videos to watch. 

This team has proven for years it can't cope with the pressure.  How we change that I've no idea. 

Aye, I know exactly where you are coming from. Sadly, I'm just resigned to the fact that this lot will continually let us down. All we can hope for is that PC can see it as well and has the patience to rebuild us.

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I keep seeing this but we’re a completely differently squad apart from Tavernier Goldson and Barisic so surely those 3 don’t have that big an influence?

Tav and Goldson, especially, do when they are at the heart of derailing our season every season. 

3 hours ago, VanVeenRangers said:

- No cups under Gerrard

Bore off

It starts with the managers. Until the mindset changes and someone has the balls to drop Tav, Goldson and/or Lundstram, nothing will change.

I would strongly consider doing so on Wednesday. 

It won't happen. Four managers haven't done so.

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

All on Dessers today. Should’ve been 2/3-0 up at half time 

And we should've kept a clean sheet against the 2nd worst team in the league. All on the defence, particularly Tav and Goldson again. 

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It starts with the managers. Until the mindset changes and someone has the balls to drop Tav, Goldson and/or Lundstram, nothing will change.

We're unfortunately in the position that the players who are more prone to switching off / making individual errors are the senior members of the squad, so they won't be dropped due to their standing within the squad and the influence they have.

The only solution is to get rid during the summer. Lundstram and Borna are out of contract, so would let them go. I'd keep Tav but would be looking for suitors for Goldson and I would take whatever for him, and if the Saudi money for Tav is true then obviously he goes with my best wishes. 

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

This, successive managers ,same problem ,I fear we are stuck with them until they decide to retire .

The first and  obvious step in changing this cycle will be not renewing Lundstrams overly generous contract and at least breaking a part of this cycle.