*****Official Rangers vs Hearts Scottish Cup semi final thread*****

Easy peasy, played well today but it's Hearts, we could get a squad from here and beat them, they just don't know how to play against us and long may it continue.

We've shot ourselves in the foot this last week, but this is a good win  combined with them shitting the bed twice yesterday, we can get some momentum back in our belief, onto next week.

Interesting Clement acknowledging the fatigue in Goldson. 

100% the right decision to play Balogun. Freshened things up and did well.

Midfield balance better with Diomande. Lundstrum still doesn’t look at his best but did well for the second goal and looks better alongside an actual CM.

Cantwell very good.

Tav not getting forward as much but sets up the first and has a great goal line clearance and a clean sheet.

Can’t afford Sima to be injured. Silva and McCausland won’t do it for us

Majority of our guys played well today. A welcome sight to see.

Few contenders for MOTM but it was Balogun for me. We looked far more assured in defence with him in there.

Frustrates the hell out of me that Goldson has been getting away with murder in that position for months. I don’t want to see him in a Rangers shirt again. Nothing personal against him but he’s done in my opinion. Finished.

We have missed Diomande over the last couple games. He's able to take the ball in tight spaces and move it on with either foot. 

Balogun excellent. Sterling did well but wasted at LB. 

The rest pretty average but a clean sheet and into the final so we'll take it!

Not sure why Hearts like to play with Shankland coming so deep to collect the ball  

Won thats enough, still no where good enough, dropped Goldson , good  enough start but we need to get a more dominant midfield  in there , Sterling  is the answer,play him as central  and we are on to a winner.better than Lundstrom more mobile and will drive the team forward.Defence need replaced , mid field improved and and attacking system that works .not a lot to ask for when you are playing  against  shite every week and laying out thousands of pounds to beat them.I Dessers scored his goals but by fuck for the layout on him the pay back should be way higher than the return we get . A change of system might be the answer as he ain't mobile enough to lead a line on his own and then maybe  just maybe  you would see the best of him.

Thought Diomande had mixed bag, was  both good, and pretty poor at times tbh.

His ability to take ball in close and turn inside is tempered by some very poor decisions in dangerous positions.

Butland immense 

Tav -  solid

Soutter  - horrible 20 min spell 

Balogun - Our best centre half

Sterling - need his energy in midfield 

Lundstrum - ok, needs to cut out the slack passes

Diomande - Some lovely touches, some horrible passes 

Matondo - beyond shit

Dessers - shit but beyond complicated 

Sima -hope to fuck he’s not out long 

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Well, he can ping one in the top corner.

Ping one as in one in 40?

His attempts to keep repeating that including the one miles over the bar today are embarrassing.

Worst footballer in terms of basic footballing ability and brain I’ve ever seen play for us when not down the leagues.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Ping one as in one in 40?

His attempts to keep repeating that including the one miles over the bar today are embarrassing.

Worst footballer in terms of basic footballing ability and brain I’ve ever seen play for us when not down the leagues.

The wish version of Dan James.

5 minutes ago, jamesy58 said:

Won thats enough

Given the last few games.....

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.012d4fca476bc02fcc7d26ada39f75af.jpg

For that result today. Still a huge ask for us to go on and take the Title, never mind a Treble this year, but we stopped the rot, hopefully, today and can at the very least take the league to the wire. Given that we are all too well aware of the limitations and weakness of our squad I would hope, even as a glass half empty guy, that PC is the man to get us back to where we want to be once he has the chance to put together a squad of players willing and worthy enough to go all in with his ambition and mindset on how football should be played.

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Hopefully Sima is alright as we will need him, but I don’t think his absence is a huge loss tbh. I’m still not convinced he’s that great a player

In general play he’s awkward but his athleticism makes him a threat and he has the beating of every full back in the league.

Huge loss when you consider the other options if Sterling’s still needed at left back.