*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Wonder if he's given any thought to going with Lawrence and Cantwell off Dessers in a Gerrard like team because of how weak we are out wide

Don’t think Tav has the legs to get up and down the wing in that type of formation anymore. Barisic won’t cross the half way at their midden either. Think we’d need Ridvan to be fit and starting to properly consider it. 

41 minutes ago, alectrician said:

We definitely want to be on the front foot from the off...so I think the team should perform the 'haka' in response to their stupid huddle!...Thoughts?

Love it. Great idea. Can see Ben Davies, Silva and Cantwell really intimidating them doing the haka.

Just now, SPWF said:

Don’t think Tav has the legs to get up and down the wing in that type of formation anymore. Barisic won’t cross the half way at their midden either. Think we’d need Ridvan to be fit and starting to properly consider it. 

I'm going on the assumption Ridvan is starting. 

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Wonder if he's given any thought to going with Lawrence and Cantwell off Dessers in a Gerrard like team because of how weak we are out wide

If Ridvan and Sterling were the fullbacks I'd have no issues. Start Tav and Barisic like that and we are turkeys at Christmas.

14 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The main worry with that is how exposed Tav would be if we're using fullbacks for width and pushing them up the park link Gerrard did.

Sterling would be there to cover like Jack used to.

For me, going back to that shape and structure is what we need.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You'd be relying on Sterling and Diomande doing what Kamara and Jack did which is obviously a big ask. Just the thought of McCausland/Wright/Silva is absolutely grim.

Absolutely no arguments there.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sterling would be there to cover like Jack used to.

For me, going back to that shape and structure is what we need.

I'm not against it at all. It's the final roll of the dice, so we need to do something, because what we've done so far isn't working.

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Sterling was poor at full back v the fenians at ibrox 

Playing right back you would expect a better performance since it is his more natural side. Left back is easily his worst position.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Playing right back you would expect a better performance since it is his more natural side. Left back is easily his worst position.

Full backs even on their weaker side should still be able to do the basics. He was poor 

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Barry Ferguson article in the record is bang on and the attitude is exactly what we are missing in this squad, what a difference it would make having a player like that in the middle of the park a proper leader. 

The proper leader that back when he was playing especially 2nd time around was cited as having a negative influence on the team? 

31 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Full backs even on their weaker side should still be able to do the basics. He was poor 

I think he’s wasted at LB would rather Barisic there and that’s saying something. 

10 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The proper leader that back when he was playing especially 2nd time around was cited as having a negative influence on the team? 

You can level a lot of criticism at him, and I do it often, but you can’t argue that he was a leader, a winner, and someone with a big set of balls.

Something we really lack in our squad.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m starting to get that ‘we might just sneak this’ feeling, even though all evidence points to a scudding.

Unfortunately for about the first time since murty was in the dugout i dont have a similar feeling. Usually no matter what i can convince myself we have a punchers chance. The squad depleted with injuries and the recent arse collapses from the team have knocked any positivity right out me. The only good thing is my gut feelings are often wrong. So there is that.

28 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Negative influence by demanding more from sub par players that were never Rangers players in a million years? pretty similar to the soft as shite squad we have now. 

24 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Negative influence by demanding more from sub par players that were never Rangers players in a million years? pretty similar to the soft as shite squad we have now. 

The soft as shite players that went to a European final, won leagues and cups? 
guys like davis, weir, papac, mcgregor, novo, were weak and never Rangers players in a million years? Miller, Boyd, Mendes? They guys?