*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

40 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Both sides are really poor tbh, just so happens because they have a culture of winning trophies that mentality will see them over the line, we just don’t have it and are very close to never recovering it as well, it’s went on far too long now. 

We need to sign winners in the summer. They get away with it because players come into a largely winning team. We need to breed that mentality from the start again, hopefully the manager is part of that as well

Won’t be hard to lure players in with that mentality when we’re treble winners 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Won’t be hard to lure players in with that mentality when we’re treble winners 

Hope you’re right but I just can’t see past our results there and just our general inability to deal with a title race because the players we have aren’t used to it. 

51 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Both sides are really poor tbh, just so happens because they have a culture of winning trophies that mentality will see them over the line, we just don’t have it and are very close to never recovering it as well, it’s went on far too long now. 

We need to sign winners in the summer. They get away with it because players come into a largely winning team. We need to breed that mentality from the start again, hopefully the manager is part of that as well

I think this is a point that a lot of fans really don't appreciate. They naively think this is just a cycle and it's inevitable that well get back on top consistently at some point. I'm not convinced that's the case at all.

19 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I think this is a point that a lot of fans really don't appreciate. They naively think this is just a cycle and it's inevitable that well get back on top consistently at some point. I'm not convinced that's the case at all.

I think though the margins are so small at the top that realistically not sure it’d be possibly (with the available money in the game) for it to continue forever - doesn’t take much of a dip in form or a few departures and drop a few points for it to switch.

At least, that what I keep telling myself! 

10 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

They’re absolutely shite at the back and people are advocating sitting in or going 5 at the back. So aye I’m pretty sure people don’t pay any attention to what actually goes on. :confused:

We are absolutely shite at the back as well

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Penny dropped for me when we handed them a double the season after we won the league. All that chat of the final part of the journey, the players (6 of which are here now) treating it as the end not the start, and Souness saying he couldn’t believe they were still talking about winning it 6 months later. 

We’ve sleepwalked to this point as a club. They’ll more than likely overtake our trophy haul and league titles within another season or two. It’ll hit like a train then. 

I'm not sure I could say that that's when the penny dropped for me, but the dining off of 55 was definitely a massive concern. Most of  the squad from that era should have been cleared out in Gio's summer transfer window. We needed a clean break then.

49 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Penny dropped for me when we handed them a double the season after we won the league. All that chat of the final part of the journey, the players (6 of which are here now) treating it as the end not the start, and Souness saying he couldn’t believe they were still talking about winning it 6 months later. 

We’ve sleepwalked to this point as a club. They’ll more than likely overtake our trophy haul and league titles within another season or two. It’ll hit like a train then. 

It's so frustrating 

Our piss poor start under Beale and players choking that week against county and Dundee has all but gift wrapped them a 3rd title in a row unless all our stars align and then some for the last 3 games. 

Next season is already massive as chances are they are not going to be as poor as they have been this season and we are facing a rebuild that is going to need to hit the ground running from the first kick off next season or we could be staring down the barrel at desperately trying to stop them get so many in a row again 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

I genuinely felt after 55 we would go on a run. 

We were in a strong position while the tarriers looked all over the shop.

Unfortunately those in charge seen 55 as job completed instead of trying to build us for sustained success. 

The mistakes since has left us looking at them overtaking our trophy haul. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I genuinely felt after 55 we would go on a run. 

We were in a strong position while the tarriers looked all over the shop.

Unfortunately those in charge seen 55 as job completed instead of trying to build us for sustained success. 

It’s indicative of where us and them are. They lose 1 single league and 1 trophyless season, re-start and then go on a run again and yet again we’re found wanting. 

We win 1 single league, put the feet up and enjoy it as they win more trophies than us every season in the 2 that followed. 

3 out of 15 domestically is shameful and that’s not counting Gerrard’s first season due to the upheaval of it. 

55 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I accepted this would happen the season we fucked up after 55. Its painful but we actually have to have another 2 or year year plan imo as we fucked up from a position of real strength this time 3 years ago. Gerrard losing interest but not leaving in the summer was a fatal blow.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Absolutely mate 

Easy mate. Convincing 0-3 Rangers at the weekend followed by 6-0 against Dundee and 0-4 away to Hearts last day

They end up 3 points behind when we lift the title and we win on goal difference aswell. Then it’s off to the cup final to canter to a treble 

Anyone who thinks either side is in a position to dominate this league for years is a complete moron to be completely honest.

Both sides depend on signings who are relatively unknown coming in and hitting the ground running, it has very little  to do with money you can throw at signings. We threw millions at the likes of Dessers, Lammers and Danilo and have gotten very little in return, they threw about half of that at Kyogo, Hatate and Maeda 

Anyway, treble hwfg

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Anyone who thinks either side is in a position to dominate this league for years is a complete moron to be completely honest.

Both sides depend on signings who are relatively unknown coming in and hitting the ground running, it has very little  to do with money you can throw at signings. We threw millions at the likes of Dessers, Lammers and Danilo and have gotten very little in return, they threw about half of that at Kyogo, Hatate and Maeda 

Anyway, treble hwfg

They’ve won 11 of the previous 12 and are in the driving seat to win 4 of the last 5, coupled with a huge boost in finances that go with it, it’s hard to see how we compete with that over the next 2-3 years considering we’ve wasted the best part of £30m on utter shite the past 2 seasons. 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Anyway, treble hwfg

You have to consider their total spend though.

Gives them more room to get one or two wrong.

If there’s a big difference between what the two clubs spend the average is always likely to be the higher spending club winning more trophies.