*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Cantwell can’t be trusted or isn’t rated enough by the manager to start the biggest of games over somebody like Tom Lawrence then the writing is surely on the wall for him as a Rangers player?

Probably. Reflects poorly on both though for me. 

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

What's with the ridiculous patter about Clement potentially not being here next season? 

The guy has worked relative miracles with the squad he has inherited, brought us back into a title race from nowhere, won a cup and has us in the final of another. 

He'll be here. I would imagine a good number of the squad won't be.

Miracles really?

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

What's with the ridiculous patter about Clement potentially not being here next season? 

The guy has worked relative miracles with the squad he has inherited, brought us back into a title race from nowhere, won a cup and has us in the final of another. 

Some incredible comments over the last few pages.  The end of the world is nigh apparently.  

That defence is going to get torn a new arse.

In fact, the whole starting team is dreadful.

I fear the worst today  Not Clements fault, you can only fuck with the cock your given. Not his problem the recruitment at the club has been an absolute shitshow. That team is no better than the team that went to porkheid in September 2016

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Barisic and Davies is an absolute disaster waiting to happen.  This is the least confident I’ve felt for a while, hoping for one of those Ehiogu overhead kick type days when I couldn’t see us winning either. 

Davies has to play

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Miracles really?

I said relative, but i would say dragging us from a 7 point deficite to leading the table, winning a cup and getting us to another cup final and qualifying from the Europa League group quantifies as a relative miracle considering the shambles Beale left. 

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Manager’s caution with injuries and his inability to see the mistakes we made in the last old firm are a major concern for me. If this continues were going to be in the same position we were last October. It’s a horrible cycle. Lose today, the cup and then the first OF at Parkhead next season and he’ll be as good as gone, again. 

To be honest if that happens so he should be.

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Not a single person has said he wouldn't or shouldn't be here next season.

If we lose today and the cup final he's under serious pressure next season to start very well. No idea how anybody can dispute this.

That will be 4 Old Firm games and 3 loses, not a single win.

Hopefully come the end of the month it's 2 Old Firm wins and a treble!

Team doesn’t fill with confidence but it basically picks itself with all the injuries bar Cantwell.

Despite this, If we can take the game to them, and be positive and assertive, it’s winnable.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Some of his team selections the past few months have been crazy

He'll be here for the start of the season but you're off your nut if you don't think he'll be under massive pressure right off the bat, especially if he doesn't get a win over them in the next 2 matches & with the first game at their ground next season.

I'm putting some of the decisions down to the limitations in the squad, him seeing which players he can rely upon, and the perma injured unreliables. 

There's always pressure on an old firm manager, a cup and a Europa League final couldn't save Gio but there are definite signs of improvement and optimism to be had once he is able to shape the team how he wants.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We're shit defensively so sitting in and inviting pressure is surely the opposite of what we need to do

Look at Aberdeen, pish team but they pressed the tarriers & caused mistakes just by getting in about them

Every team that causes them problems gets in about them, we dont

Lundstram picking the ball off the toes of the centre backs.

Barisic shiting it when the ball comes anywhere near him.

Diomande all alone in midfield.

Sterling knocking his pan in to cover Tav.

Silva, Lawrence and Dessers jogging around like it's a kick about in a park.

Butland doing everything to keep us in it.

Can't wait.