We cant do the simple things right

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They can all play football, well most of them at least.

Players who have played with Lundstram rave about his technical ability etc.

The elephant in the room is how they’re being coached and what sort of team the manager wants us to be.

They can rave about his technical ability all they want, his passing is horrendous.

2 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

We're the worst team in the world for simple things that every team can do. Progressive 1-2s, quick throw ins. Time wasting. I've never seen a team constantly give away so many cheap fouls that just hinder progress

It’s fucking infuriating. We are so slow and always give the opponents time to reset. 

We lumped long balls forward into spaces time and time again with nobody to control them. When they were attacking, even before Lunny got marched, they continually had one or more men free on the edge of the box especially O'Reilly he was continually free, he should have been in somebody's pocket all game.

Lundstrams tackle was horrendous deserved a red all day long, but injuries and lack of players with heart cost us.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Every one of these are simple mistakes.

https://x.com/lewisweenie/status/1790052144852128177?s=46

I won’t watch it but when me and my boy were having dinner tonight we spoke about the last two games, the 5 goals conceded vs them have been pathetic.

the 2 in December I think the first is poor as we had 4 chances to clear but it’s a good strike and that wee pricks hit is a worldy for number 2. You can kinda take that but the last two games not even one well worked goal. Its a fuckign disgrace 

How many teams from tinpot leagues play better football in Europe than they do domestically? septic sure as shit don’t. We can play like kings against the likes of Benfica and Real Betis and look like we have never seen a football against Ross County (and to be fair Limassol, which is the exception that proves the rule).

Honestly can’t remember a time since about 2011 when we were regularly first to loose balls or to press quickly when we lose possession - we always look off the pace and that’s been under (admittedly mostly dire) numerous managers.   Even when we’re good we don’t seem to do it well! 

13 hours ago, RFC55 said:

I won’t watch it but when me and my boy were having dinner tonight we spoke about the last two games, the 5 goals conceded vs them have been pathetic.

the 2 in December I think the first is poor as we had 4 chances to clear but it’s a good strike and that wee pricks hit is a worldy for number 2. You can kinda take that but the last two games not even one well worked goal. Its a fuckign disgrace 

Saying it about the defence for years mate, we might moan about our attacking options but they are pretty much under pressure to score 2 maybe even 3 goals because we assume our defence will do its regular shit the bed routine at least once

Saturday's goals are rank amateur stuff

I genuinely have hated our defence for years now, 

On 13/05/2024 at 01:16, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Horrendous is harsh. Passes short and long with both feet - you rarely see that.

Recently he passed it into our net. 

We play and win against top class teams in Europe consistently as our co efficient has proved.

they on the other hand get beat and found out.

why the hell we bottle it against a team that any other team in Europe is delighted to be drawn agains is a mystery to me.

On 15/05/2024 at 02:18, ger4life_1872 said:

Btw again im raging watching our warm up as the whole squad go through a shooting drill and not 1 hit the target

We 100% need an attacking coach to come in this summer. We need to be far more clinical 

Just look at our team and see how many international standard players we have and what countries they play for. That is the difference and why we are so poor. This all started in 2012 when our standards dropped, after losing high standard players, and the level of player we have signed is way below what is required for our club. The standard of players must be raised one way or another.

16 hours ago, Allyup said:

We play and win against top class teams in Europe consistently as our co efficient has proved.

they on the other hand get beat and found out.

why the hell we bottle it against a team that any other team in Europe is delighted to be drawn agains is a mystery to me.

Top class teams barely snarl and get right into your face and go toe to toe in a battle, they simply want to play football

Tarriers have had us beaten for years because they simply growl at half our team and we retreat into a shell

On 12/05/2024 at 19:28, The Godfather said:

And this is the issue. Folk just want to keep chopping and changing managers but it's time to face the elephant in the room.

These players are bottle merchants who think winning a sole title 3 years ago and a cup or 2 means job done. 

After Gerrard fled it needed gutted but was left to go stale and each manager tried to go with the same formula and players. These players will get you binned.

It's a pity it wasn't Gio or latterly Gerrard who got the war chest to spend and rebuild with instead of the imbecile that is Beale who did set us back years with his big money signings.

My fear is we don't have that kind of spending in is this summer and even if we did we would need every signing to click and from the get go. 

I don’t think anyone in our squad are “bottle merchants”. I just think they are bang average and find it difficult to raise their game. Giving the impression of bottling it. 

48 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don’t think anyone in our squad are “bottle merchants”. I just think they are bang average and find it difficult to raise their game. Giving the impression of bottling it. 

They made it to a euro final but can't win away to county and dundee to potentially win a league title

The reason for that is expectation, no one expected us to make seville, everyone expected us to beat county and dundee 

Hence they fucking bottled it

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

They made it to a euro final but can't win away to county and dundee to potentially win a league title

The reason for that is expectation, no one expected us to make seville, everyone expected us to beat county and dundee 

Hence they fucking bottled it

Three players from that squad started against County and Dundee. So what you said is a bit mince.