8 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Simple really .

You’re not supporting the other fans, or the SFA, you’re supporting the players who are playing for your national team. Fucking embarrassing how many think it’s somehow staunch to cheer against their own country.

I've not been cheering against them, tbh I didn't really give two fucks whether we qualified or not, if we did, fair enough, if we didn't, so what.

Would say that my attitude to the Scotland team can be described as apathetic more than hatred.

21 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Not at all, they couldn't given a fuck, majority of them don't bat an eyelid when it comes to Scotland, the rivalry/hatred thing is one sided, Scotland really is full of utter fannies. 

It's akin to the Rangers / Aberdeen thing imo.

All one sided hatred, and general apathy on the other.

15 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I've not been cheering against them, tbh I didn't really give two fucks whether we qualified or not, if we did, fair enough, if we didn't, so what.

Would say that my attitude to the Scotland team can be described as apathetic more than hatred.

This is exactly how I feel about Scotland.  I can't bring myself to support a team whose fans sing derogatory songs about our late Queen, sing pro ira songs and abuse Rangers that happen to be selected.

Not my cup of tea.

8 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Cunts of any stripe that mix politics and religion in with football are fucking braindead weirdos and every support has them. The end.

I understand where you are with it and your entitled to follow Rangers any way you please but you have just described the majority of our support as brain dead weirdos. 

8 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I understand where you are with it and your entitled to follow Rangers any way you please but you have just described the majority of our support as brain dead weirdos. 

I explained later that I used the phrase for  effect and I was referring to anyone, of any team, club or national, who does it. I dont give a fuck about any of it and I find it odd. I'm sure the folk who are into all that probably find it odd that I don't care. 

7 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Would Moyes consider the job if approached? I'm not sure he'd be the right man either. 

No matter who you get if Clarke goes, the lack of quality it still going to be a massive problem.

Having watched a Moyes team for the last few years I’d say we would just get more of the same. He has had far better players to operate with than Clarke but still thinks defensively 

Just now, folkestoneger said:

Having watched a Moyes team for the last few years I’d say we would just get more of the same. He has had far better players to operate with than Clarke but still thinks defensively 

Aye, that's why I'm not sure he's the right man. 

We're never going to attract a manager with a big name, so your probably left with taking a punt on someone from outside Scotland who has a more attractive philosophy. Sort of like what Albania have done with Silvinho, based on what I've seen.

Scotland have to play organised and hard to beat. We are never going to be capable of putting out a side that can be successful doing anything otherwise.

Scotland are a bit unfortunate that all the best players are probably "support" players - guys like John McGinn are hard working players who do a lot of the dirty work, but aren't going to put a foot on the ball and make it happen. Might get there with tenacity, but dont have the quality for a plan B if that doesnt work. Same with Robertson, Tierney, McTominay. 

Hungary looked a step ahead technically, even if we are a better team. There's no finesse or composure to the way Scotland play - it's archaic.

As time has went on we haven't kept up. A change of youth culture, a lack of facilities and shit climate.

I mean growing up there were 3x free parks in my town with goals in my town (population back then was about 4500). Now the same town has 6000 people and no grass parks - just an AstroTurf (that you have to pay for).

What an embarrassing week or so for the SFA's team and the alkie tramp they employed to pick a team.  Barely a shot at goal in 3 games, it's a miracle 2 own goals somehow found a way into the net.

To face dross like Hungary with a chance to go through and the only chance this group of pish could muster up was Grant Hanley trying to place one from the edge of the box 😂

The football Team SFA cooked up was so awful, it had 3 centre halfs and that beady eyed creep McGregor was almost operating as a 4th, coming so deep to collect a pass 5 yards in front of the line to just play it out to a full back anyway.  Washing possession around between 3 centre halfs, a deep cdm and 2 full backs... absolutely deplorable stuff.  Although, when Che Adams is running around himself up top I guess I can see why you'd rather not try to go forward anyway 😂

Good riddance to bad rubbish. On the downside... No Scotland, No Hilarity.

37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Is that them statistically the worst team at the Euros two tournaments on the trot? 

Still can’t bow out with a bit of dignity, the victimisation card played in his first interview after the game. 

Not yet. Scotland finished the group with a point on the board. Poland have 0 points and play France in their last group game so all depends on whether France turn up or not.