Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Personally I don't think the squad or 11 is anywhere near as good as made out.

Saka and Rice are hyped to fuck, average tournaments.

Bellingham woeful 95% of the time but had the odd moment of brilliance.

Foden showed up for 30 minutes.

Defence average.

Got luck, a good draw and sneaked through to a final.

Standard across the board has decreased though for the top sides IMO 

I don't either, I think international football on a whole is of a pretty low standard to what I've seen in years gone by. 

Makes the tournaments more exciting in some respects but this England team isn't even close to what Sven had albeit he fucked it to.

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tbf to England they have a golden generation. Could be like Belgium though and do fuck all with it.

Listening to the commentary go on about how Spain have "world class players" is baffling. Aye England have shite players 😂.  For me, they didn't have a go.  Even after going 1-1 they were wanting Spain to fail as opposed to playing for the win and their own brand of football.

At the end of the day, the best team won 🇪🇸

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I agree.

Although, unlike 15-20yrs ago, this is a team with square pegs in square holes.

Is it really? Trent in midfield at the start of the tournament. Kane as a striker obviously up front but the role he was asked to play clearly didn't suit his best attributes. The messing about with left back at times in matches. 

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think that's the point he's making though, individually England have the players, but they've been put into a system that doesn't suit any of them.

Bellingham, Foden, Kane, Saka, Rice, Palmer, Stones etc all are world class and some of the best in the world in their position. 

How many of Spain's players would you say are better than their English equivalent? Rodri and probably not many others.

Stones, Rice, Plamer and Saka are not world class.

You're massively overrating many players.

Ruiz and Laporte walk into that team. Carvajal is better than Walker.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Did I hear that stat correct, England created less chances than Croatia?

They were talking about England’s possession vs Italy and Spain in the finals and vs Croatia in the WC semi (I think) 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Did I hear that stat correct, England created less chances than Croatia?

Most likely, not surprised if they created less chances than Scotland tbh 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Stones, Rice and Saka are not world class.

You're massively overrating many players.

Ruiz and Laporte walk into that team. Carvajal is better than Walker.

Of course they are.

I don't even necessarily like any of them but to say the likes of Rice and Saka aren't world class is stupid. Ruiz doesn't even start for his club team.

You're skewing your opinion based on this tournament.

7 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Tonight's result was always on the card's because whatever that final ingredient is that's needed, England are still missing it.

I think that’s a good post. Spain have easily been the tournaments best side and deserved to win overall. England have been ok. Some sides grow into a tournament and while england have improved it was never really clear what their style of play was. And too often when they had an opportunity, even with the quality attackers they have they played with caution backwards and sideways. They are so constrained. They needed to believe more and play with more freedom. When a 16 year old plays with more freedom and guile than you it sums up England’s limitations.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Of course they are.

I don't even necessarily like any of them but to say the likes of Rice and Saka aren't world class is stupid. Ruiz doesn't even start for his club team.

You're skewing your opinion based on this tournament.

Like @.Williamson. correctly points out you're a PL fanboy and overrate it and its players massively.

Rice world class lmao