Butland to replace Tav as captain according to the Daily Record

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

No sure you understand the phrase "says it all" 😂

No sure you understand it :lol: both can still be overlooked due the fact they are shit leaders and created a loser mentality with their leadership group.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tav being stripped of captaincy and his Vice captain being overlooked says it all.

I’m not looking too much into that, to be honest. Goldson has been vice for as long as Tav has been captain. If Clement is making a statement about the captaincy, then Goldson can’t possibly remain in his role or worse still, be promoted. It would undermine the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I’m not looking too much into that, to be honest. Goldson has been vice for as long as Tav has been captain. If Clement is making a statement about the captaincy, then Goldson can’t possibly remain in his role or worse still, be promoted. It would undermine the whole thing.

Unless Tav is just being sold and therefore the captaincy is up for grabs by default in which case a vice captain would usually become captain.

I can’t see Clement just stripping captaincy and keeping Tav or selling Tav and keeping Goldson but not give him the captaincy.

I think Clement is shrewd and is killing 2 birds with one stone, both sold means the failed leaders are leaving their senior roles in the squad and 2 players who are on a downward trend playing wise will be sold for some much needed transfer funds

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We are knocking the house down and rebuilding it from foundations up love it 

Definitely feels like a long overdue clearing of the decks. 

Big turnover last season in playing staff, but some of the serial failures were still here. What a difference so far if it ends up that Tav, Goldson, Barisic and Lundstram all go in one transfer window. 

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

If true I wonder who leaked it.

There have been too many leaks over the last couple of seasons. I'd hoped with all the outgoings and especially getting rid of Beale who was the mole in more ways than one, they would have stopped.