Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

What are your expectations for the coming season at this moment in time? Obviously we hope there will be plenty of movement in and out before the action kicks off in earnest.

For me, if we don't see some pretty big exists in the form of Tav and Goldson we are in for a rough ride. The defence needs a serious upgrade otherwise we can forget doing anything.

Let's hope Clement has some aces up his sleeve because I feel he's right up against it now.

2 hours ago, crmpicco said:

What are your expectations for the coming season at this moment in time? Obviously we hope there will be plenty of movement in and out before the action kicks off in earnest.

For me, if we don't see some pretty big exists in the form of Tav and Goldson we are in for a rough ride. The defence needs a serious upgrade otherwise we can forget doing anything.

Let's hope Clement has some aces up his sleeve because I feel he's right up against it now.

What are yours? 

I'd expect us to be a distant 2nd at best in the league. Cups I'd not be confident unless the scum got put out. And europe would be difficult to progress in.

But I'm expecting 4 or 5 new faces in, and a few more out the door too. Experience will arrive.

We've not kicked a ball in a pre season game yet so plenty time before I'm too worried.

19 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

I expect to win every game we play, thats the minimum. I mean right now the squad is nowhere near going to live up to that expectation but there's still time. 

As we haven't done that in our history, that seems a bit ambitious as a minimum.

16 minutes ago, left winger said:

As we haven't done that in our history, that seems a bit ambitious as a minimum.

I still expect to win every game, just because don't always do it doesnt mean I can't expect it. 

I expect to be sitting in my seat first home game of the season but i wont,

I expect us to win the treble but we wont,

I expect the scum to finally be brought to task for their cover up of an active peado ring but they wont.

Expectations are one thing but reality is another.

Folks won't like it but whilst the expectations always to win, for me at this time I think it's more down to what they do than what we do. We haven't improved the team so far which means we're relying on them being shite and losing a couple of their better players. At this current moment we don't have a squad who can beat them. Hoping the next few weeks changes that.

I expect a drastic change in the medical dept or procedures to allow us to have minimal injuries during the season. The last 3 season have been some of the worse for all types of injuries that I can remember. 

I also expect us to sign a snarling bastard in the midfield who really gets stuck in. If we don’t sign a player in this mould I fear our midfield will fold against celtic like most games in recent history.