Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I don't see any player you mention leave unless 2 things happen. We accept massively reduced money and the players accept wage cuts. It's a fucking horrendous position to be in after everything we went through. 

Can genuinely see us subsidising deals to get players gone. 

I agree with that.

It's probably the least excited I've been for a season in a long long time. Even when we were utter shite I still had hope we'd eventually "click". This upcoming season has been one shit show after another. The Hampden situation, not enough players signed, not enough players sold. I'll probably feel differently when the competitive games start but right now I could see it far enough 

The season kicks off in 12 and a bit days

We have a squad full of failed previous projects

And are actively trying to punt what we can

Clement said he needed a full pre-season with the players to get them fit that isn’t going to happen 

Will reserve judgement until the windows shut but this looks like we’re in serious trouble here

As terrible as things are right now, the only thing we can do right now is look forward:

• We’re at least getting rid of some of the dead wood or overpaid senior players who have let us down when it mattered. We NEED to get it right when we replace them.
  • Bisgrove was clearly miles out his depth as CEO, and despite the damage he has done (which is considerable), he’s away now. Again, we need to replace him with someone with the right credentials. No more nepotism or promoting from within, get the right people in. Looking at Man Utd this season, early days but can see how new blood in the boardroom can shift the mood of a place.
  • We at least appear to have a profile now in the transfer market, where we will invest in young players with sell on value, and probably look for strategic loans to support that.

We have loads to do to sort ourselves, and it won’t be easy or quick, but at least the much needed changes are coming. We just need to get it right.

That needs to start with the manager as well. If he persists with Wright, Dessers and Lawrence the fans patience will soon run out and any credit he has in bank. If we at least see he is trying something different with what we have available, that would be a start.

1 minute ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

As terrible as things are right now, the only thing we can do right now is look forward:

• We’re at least getting rid of some of the dead wood or overpaid senior players who have let us down when it mattered. We NEED to get it right when we replace them.
  • Bisgrove was clearly miles out his depth as CEO, and despite the damage he has done (which is considerable), he’s away now. Again, we need to replace him with someone with the right credentials. No more nepotism or promoting from within, get the right people in. Looking at Man Utd this season, early days but can see how new blood in the boardroom can shift the mood of a place.
  • We at least appear to have a profile now in the transfer market, where we will invest in young players with sell on value, and probably look for strategic loans to support that.

We have loads to do to sort ourselves, and it won’t be easy or quick, but at least the much needed changes are coming. We just need to get it right.

That needs to start with the manager as well. If he persists with Wright, Dessers and Lawrence the fans patience will soon run out and any credit he has in bank. If we at least see he is trying something different with what we have available, that would be a start.

Mate whilst I agree with most of your post the fear over your bisgrove point is what’s killing me as I can’t trust the people in charge to get the appointments correct going forward they have made appointments over the last few year and we end up back on here saying at least that’s them away we can look to move forward,which for their record is just one disaster to another so end up going backwards 

I’m not meaning this as a go at you I just mean the point in general and our trust in this board to get things correct 😩

absolutely soul destroying coming online everyday looking for positive news from Rangers and we either get statements made too late with no real information or we just get treated like we don’t matter as long as we pumping our money into the club and nothing to look forward to as we speed towards the league starting  

honestly depressing being a Rangers fan just now 

For me, we face the prospect of surrendering the crown I’ve used against Tarriers for my entire life; the world’s most successful club.

How have we prepared for this season? We’re less than two weeks away from our first league game and mid-way through pre-season, our manager has all but told the media that he was mis-sold on the investment strategy. We’re trying desperately to shoehorn anyone of any value out of the door, including our fully fit Hall of Fame captain who hasn’t kicked a ball with zero explanation, while the players whose lack of ability cost us the title last season, not only remain, but are featuring heavily.

The situation with Ibrox is a disgrace and a shambles, but entirely unsurprising given that our board have time and time again demonstrated how not to run not only a football club, but a business.

Yet, I’ll be there every other Saturday.

4 minutes ago, jimbobgers said:

Mate whilst I agree with most of your post the fear over your bisgrove point is what’s killing me as I can’t trust the people in charge to get the appointments correct going forward they have made appointments over the last few year and we end up back on here saying at least that’s them away we can look to move forward,which for their record is just one disaster to another so end up going backwards 

I’m not meaning this as a go at you I just mean the point in general and our trust in this board to get things correct 😩

absolutely soul destroying coming online everyday looking for positive news from Rangers and we either get statements made too late with no real information or we just get treated like we don’t matter as long as we pumping our money into the club and nothing to look forward to as we speed towards the league starting  

honestly depressing being a Rangers fan just now 

Mate all you said is fair enough and most will feel the same. I agree with confidence levels in the board, I just hope that we can start to see some positive change, maybe it will be a lucky transfer or two, or someone new coming in to lift the mood of the place.  Like when Gerrard/King came in. Its probably hope more than expectation to be fair. 

4 hours ago, Jelavic191 said:

Long but interesting post about European Football for next season in that second doesn’t guarantee group stage football but winning the Scottish Cup would. 

I don't think people quite understand the impact of this. 

This could be generationally bad for Scottish football. Finishing outside the top 15 would not only be horrendous financially in the short term, but it is a spiral that makes it so much harder to break back into it.

2nd place having 3 qualifiers to get into the fucking Conference League?

8 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't think people quite understand the impact of this. 

This could be generationally bad for Scottish football. Finishing outside the top 15 would not only be horrendous financially in the short term, but it is a spiral that makes it so much harder to break back into it.

2nd place having 3 qualifiers to get into the fucking Conference League?

Its unlikely, given we'd be likely one of the highest seeds in the competition, but one "Kaunas" type result and we aren't brining any European money in. 😐 

The only upside with 4 teams is that each result is worth more coefficient points. Think it just highlights the need for a third team doing well in these competitions. 

I just wish someday in the near future our club could be run properly. It just seems to have been one step forward and three steps back for so long. So many scumbags running the club and then people out of their depth draining the life out of it.

Feelings of the early eighties keep emerging.

Still fuck all. 

We're so late on in pre-season that I've accepted a shite start to the season now. 

I'd have accepted a shite start if it meant making full use of the window and getting quality in before it slams shut. 

But I don't see that happening.

We’ve always got a chance in the cups. 2 cups would be a success. And somehow try and re-build a spine of 7-8 young starters who are gelled and ready to peak next season.

Then next January and Summer we go out and get the 3-4 bits of quality in where we are lacking. Just do everything to set us up with a decent chance next season.

It’s depressing as fuck but I can’t see a hope in hell of us winning the league. We’re miles behind the quality we had a few seasons ago. 

18 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We’ve always got a chance in the cups. 2 cups would be a success. And somehow try and re-build a spine of 7-8 young starters who are gelled and ready to peak next season.

Then next January and Summer we go out and get the 3-4 bits of quality in where we are lacking. Just do everything to set us up with a decent chance next season.

It’s depressing as fuck but I can’t see a hope in hell of us winning the league. We’re miles behind the quality we had a few seasons ago. 

Us winning any of the cup is reliant on someone beating the scum because in the last 3 years o think we’ve managed 2 wins out of 16. With this squad that record won’t be improving any time soon.

Can't think of a more pessimistic pre season in my lifetime 

Writing looks like it is on the wall to be a long one 

Warburton , Murty and Pedro Era was really bad but in hindsight we were still in he tailspin of recovery from 2012 back then when you look back and take it all in . That doesn't excuse how shite it was but it's the truth 

Right now , the doom and gloom is completely our own doing. Right now the squad quality wise does not look a kick in the arse of of those days in 2016,17 and 18 which is horrifying. That should never have been allowed to happen after 55 , European runs and a final appearance, returning to champions league  etc. we have stagnated and failed to kick on and move up a level every single opportunity we have had to do so since 55 and now appear to be regressing and the board need fucking hammered for it