Is Clement getting an easy ride?

30 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The Tavernier cross wasn't from deep, it's the willingness of Matondo to get into that position that makes both goals. Too often with the likes of Kent our wingers didn't come off the touch line, even when the ball is on the other wing.

Sitting in the East Stand so take anything I’ve seen at the game with a massive pinch of salt. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Sitting in the East Stand so take anything I’ve seen at the game with a massive pinch of salt. 

Aye I'm in the west but I'm right next to the north so it was right in front of me. Hopefully the last time I need to sit there.

Could actually see the whole get the ball up the park as quickly as possible style yesterday. 

There was a few times yesterday where within 3 passes we got a shot off or maybe even a goal. 

All of his signings apart from Fabio Silva seem to be very good players as well. My only issue with that is that I’d like to see Nsiala more involved. Yesterday was the perfect game to bring him on. Coasting by the 60th minute.

8 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The Tavernier cross wasn't from deep, it's the willingness of Matondo to get into that position that makes both goals. Too often with the likes of Kent our wingers didn't come off the touch line, even when the ball is on the other wing.

Thing is, tavs cross for Matondo goal wasn't actually that good, it was just a normal ball in, quite often we cross a lot like that and our striker movement is poor, Matondo movement makes the difference like we always suffered against the Tarriers 

8 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

celtic are a good team, but they are nowhere near the team the Scottish media build them up to be.

Can be very much got at.

Watched the second half of their game today. The Rangers team that played yesterday has nothing to fear from that team today.

21 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think he's trying to put things in place piecemeal rather than throwing everything at the players all in one go.

I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a Rangers side like I did today. Gerrard's football prioritised tactical discipline too much, Gio's prioritised possession too much, whereas today we were focused on good movement.

The rotations we do and how we find space are really good. We are starting to play short when we need to and direct when we need to. 

Back when he said he wasn't Harry Potter he was asked if it be the beginning of next season before he would have the team playing the way he wanted. He said then that it would be September/October time before that happened as it will still take time to get the team working together. He said that Diomande would have an impact next season when signed him in January. 

He has a long term plan is what all of that is telling me. He says things whilst we are doing well and no-one bats an eyelid but say that after a bad result and the pitchforks are out. Instant gratification is what we want but desperately chasing that every season has stopped us from progressing the last couple of years. 

Hopefully that is about to change now and Clement gets the time and patience needed. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Needs to get something from parkhead obviously a win preferably then we will settle down a bit

Tbh given what he's still working with, the fanbase would likely accept us going there and going toe to toe for the full 90 and not shitting the bed against them, the result is the result but the performance is more important 

Obviously if we are absolutely stinking and somehow sneak a draw or win no one will care, but if we lose but give as good as we got and just a bit of quality is the difference then the fans would be a bit more lenient with him

You'd think

2 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

Watched the second half of their game today. The Rangers team that played yesterday has nothing to fear from that team today.

Always a different kettle of fish at Parkhead though. 

Their pitch always feels like twice the size of ours.

A draw would be a decent result 

we’ve not won there in 4 years 

I don’t want a good performance and a narrow defeat 

we need to score first , need to see results and that he can take a team there and get a result 

32 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Tbh given what he's still working with, the fanbase would likely accept us going there and going toe to toe for the full 90 and not shitting the bed against them, the result is the result but the performance is more important 

Obviously if we are absolutely stinking and somehow sneak a draw or win no one will care, but if we lose but give as good as we got and just a bit of quality is the difference then the fans would be a bit more lenient with him

You'd think

Been as critical as anyone about Clement

But if we can go there and actually set up in a way where we press them & cover the obvious passes into midfield then I'm more than willing to give him a pass if it ends up in a defeat.

For me its all about how we approach the game, if we sit off first 20/30 minutes, put Lawrence on McGregor and leave space for the cutbacks again then he/we deserve the abuse coming.

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You'd think

Fuck the performance, would bite your hand off for an undeserved draw right now.

28 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Been as critical as anyone about Clement

But if we can go there and actually set up in a way where we press them & cover the obvious passes into midfield then I'm more than willing to give him a pass if it ends up in a defeat.

For me its all about how we approach the game, if we sit off first 20/30 minutes, put Lawrence on McGregor and leave space for the cutbacks again then he/we deserve the abuse coming.

yeah agree - thought response was fairly reasonable after the cup final where really we should’ve snatched it.

that said, I’d like a performance, but I’d take a backs to the walk jammy 1-0 win any day of the week (even if it might raise my blood pressure to critical levels) 

10 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

yeah agree - thought response was fairly reasonable after the cup final where really we should’ve snatched it.

that said, I’d like a performance, but I’d take a backs to the walk jammy 1-0 win any day of the week (even if it might raise my blood pressure to critical levels) 

Should've won the cup final, Diomande's last good game imo & Clement seemed to set us up in a way to counter them.

I know everyone wants the 3 points but better teams have went there under much better managers and not got it

Long as its not a silly setup i.e Lawrence/Wright & the midfield getting overrun, i'll personally be alright with it

12 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

celtic are a good team, but they are nowhere near the team the Scottish media build them up to be.

Can be very much got at.

People have been saying that for the last two seasons and we still haven’t managed it. Let’s wait until we actually do it before we start talking about how they can be got at.

3 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You'd think

Couldn't disagree more, we need to take something 

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Fuck the performance, would bite your hand off for an undeserved draw right now.

Definitely, but if we lose but deserve a point we cant be too critical of him 

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Couldn't disagree more, we need to take something 

We need to obviously, however if we don't due to someone papping one into the top corner from 30 yards or a dodgy VAR call, and give as good as we get, surely he cant be criticised then? 

14 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Thing is, tavs cross for Matondo goal wasn't actually that good, it was just a normal ball in, quite often we cross a lot like that and our striker movement is poor, Matondo movement makes the difference like we always suffered against the Tarriers 

Fuck off Jim. 

Pace, height, accuracy were all spot on, it was a cracking cross.