Is Clement getting an easy ride?

18 hours ago, Southsider said:

My point is that his system makes it very difficult for any two midfielders to play against their midfield three.  There is a huge space between our no 10 and the midfield pair.  As soon as they break into it with pace, they can basically just pass around them and be running at our defence

I totally agree, it's baffling that we can see it and not Clement.

20 hours ago, NI said:

We make their midfield look like Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi in their prime, if we'd control just a little the middle of the pitch, they would do nothing.

This frustrates the hell out of me. I think Hatate is a decent enough player but McGregor is bang average and we make him look like a superstar by not effectively shutting  him down and giving him freedom all across the park. Surely the manager has to be looking at that over the last 5 times we have played them and came up with a plan to put him back in the box. As for failing to deal with the Tav / Maeda thing, what was it Einstein said about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results?

1 minute ago, Ladytonbear said:

This frustrates the hell out of me. I think Hatate is a decent enough player but McGregor is bang average and we make him look like a superstar by not effectively shutting  him down and giving him freedom all across the park. Surely the manager has to be looking at that over the last 5 times we have played them and came up with a plan to put him back in the box. As for failing to deal with the Tav / Maeda thing, what was it Einstein said about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results?

Our players have already lost the mental battle when we go against them.  Sure, McGregor is average, but he has the measure of our players and they know it.  As for Tav vs Maeda - its as much of a mismatch as you will see in the top flight and the only way to defeat them is to get Tav to fuck once and for all.

55 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This had been my biggest criticism of Clement.

5 times he's played them and he's stuck to the same approach. We give them to much space in midfield with his insistence on playing a 10. Giving them 3 vs 2 in midfield and a clear route at our defence. 

He's watched tav get taken apart by Maeda and keeps putting him in there. 

By now a good manager should have these issues figured and try to change them. 

Never has and never will change the approach to suit the opponent.

Add to that he clearly doesn't get these games. 

4 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I see Gerrard is posting about us on his Instagram. 

I can’t recall him posting much about us since he left, particularly recently. I wonder if he’s laying the groundwork to come back should a vacancy open up. 

Take him back in a heartbeat. Should've won more but we played some cracking stuff under him and Gary Mac. 

As things stand I don't think he'd consider it given the shambles we are off the park. 

13 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I can’t recall him posting much about us since he left, particularly recently. I wonder if he’s laying the groundwork to come back should a vacancy open up. 

Put one thing up about wanting a poster.

Real groundwork there......

26 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

The reaction to some social media posts is wild.

30 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Why would he come back? 

He's closer to Merseyside over in Saudi.

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This had been my biggest criticism of Clement.

5 times he's played them and he's stuck to the same approach. We give them to much space in midfield with his insistence on playing a 10. Giving them 3 vs 2 in midfield and a clear route at our defence. 

He's watched tav get taken apart by Maeda and keeps putting him in there. 

By now a good manager should have these issues figured and try to change them. 

5 pages of a much longer story mate

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Worse than Beale turning up at the Louden this.

I know most people will write it off, it ain't fuck all blah blah blah. 

But I'm going to go opposite here, it definitely is a hey Rangers fans forgiven me yet? Kinda post to me.

He's Steven Gerrard, if he really wants/needs that poster, he has people that could find that shit for him without posting it publicly.

Not saying that means he wants the job btw, but a guage to see where we hold him.

11 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I know most people will write it off, it ain't fuck all blah blah blah. 

But I'm going to go opposite here, it definitely is a hey Rangers fans forgiven me yet? Kinda post to me.

He's Steven Gerrard, if he really wants/needs that poster, he has people that could find that shit for him without posting it publicly.

Not saying that means he wants the job btw, but a guage to see where we hold him.

We hold him in the gutter.

Prick of a guy.

He's who we need if Clement does go. Knowing what we know now I actually don't blame him for leaving those in the boardroom have downgraded our club ever since he delivered 55.  He would bring in a top coaching team and we'd slowly get back to being a well coached team. He'd also have the pulling power allowing us to get a better standard of player than we can currently attract. 

If that prick across the road can walk out on the team he supports and walk back in like fuck all has happened. Then we can all get over what Gerrard done. 

I doubt it happens tho we are a shambles off the park the managers position is almost irrelevant just now. Until things change in the boardroom nothing will change. 

Nobody’s saying that he’s standing outside Ibrox holding a boombox but Gerrard is long enough in the tooth to know what he’s doing. 

Maybe it’s nothing at all but it seems to me like a “test the water” post or just a little wink to being interested in coming back if there was an opening. 

Either way I’d have him back in a heartbeat. The only manager since Walter that has truly understood our standards.