Is Clement getting an easy ride?

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm potentially easily pleased, but i've seen signs in the last 3 games that we won't be as poor as many seem to think we will be. 

The new players actually look alright amd we will see more from them the more they integrate into the squad. We've played well in flashes. First half against Motherwell was what we wanted to see from us. 2nd half was in contrast poor. 

Both games against Kiev i felt we did well for large periods and i genuinely believe we were going to win last night until the referee made that mental decision. 

Clement obviously has his flaws, the tactics aren't for everyone but how many times are we going to do this rinse and repeat scenario with managers until we realise the club itself is a shambles. God knows who signed off on the wages for half the squad, but Clement has been sold a turkey by the club and in my opinion we should back the man. He has a pedigree of winning and I think if we give him time we'll improve. 

I'd back the guy if the "football" wasn't as torture as it is. Most understand he's been done a belter here but ffs man he isn't helping himself with these tactics. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He said on the podcast he expected to see a different Rangers team this season but hasn't. His tactics get the ball forward and into the box 😂A real basic outlook and it's showing on the park tbh. 

I admire your defence of the manager mate but he's no the one. 

Who is doing anything with this squad?

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We had someone on the match thread moaning that he didn't start Scott Wright because he's pacey! 

I think in some peoples eyes he's done and every decision he makes will be contradicted. 

Some people on here want to be miserable all the time.

I still can’t stop thinking about his decision to put Propper up-front.

It was living rent free in my head last night and it still is this morning.

We paid £6M for a Brazilian striker who was sitting on the bench, but he chose instead to move our new centre back from defence to attack.

They immediately - literally instantly and in less than ninety seconds - exploited the subsequent space that left and doubled their lead.

Their manager must have thought Christmas had come early. A £5M windfall on the line and his amateur, incompetent counterpart acts irrationally; exploited with ease.

It’s unforgivable. He hasn’t a fucking clue.

Whilst I think Clement is busted flush and it is only a matter of time, he is arguably holding the worst cards any Rangers manager has held (in the top division) in the 33-34 years I can remember.

A guy like Scott Wright, who was bought a homegrown squad filler in 2021 and hasn't improved - has become a regular now, due to lack of any other options - and that sums up where we are. 

There are players who shouldn't be getting a game, that essentially have to get a game as the other options are either unfit, worse or very young. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd back the guy if the "football" wasn't as torture as it is. Most understand he's been done a belter here but ffs man he isn't helping himself with these tactics. 

The football isn't the best to watch at times, i'll agree with that. 

We haven't got the personnel to be free flowing. We aren't at that stage, and we're shopping in the bargain basement because the club have royally fucked the finances. 

To me, his brief at this stage is to get rid of the many pieces of deadwood, build a squad for the future, and be as competitive domestically as we can. I fully expect us to win at least one of the cups and I think we'll be fine in the Europa. 

The league will be a step too far, but 100% we have to be behind the manager. It's like a repeat of what happened to Gio.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A Rangers manager, before a 5 million Euro game saying his medical and performance team told him not to start Cerny.

Absolute fucking nonsense.

People took that literally because of his poor English ,he obviously meant they said he wouldn’t last 90 mins , no medical staff would ever say he’ll be fine to come on at 8.45 but not 7.45😀

although you never know with rangers the same medical team cleared Cortes to go out again in the 2nd half in the hearts game and 5 mins later he’s off!

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We're at that point mate where people are seeing what they want to see / hearing what suits their viewpoint. 

Nothing wrong with that, but there are much bigger issues at the club than Clement at this time. 

There was people saying Clement saying that Igamame was doing 'interesting things' in training and parroting it that it meant Clement said he was shite.

When the truth was this - 

"Hamza is doing part of the training with the group, so step by step he is going to the physical level that we need in training and later in the games," said Clement. "He is showing a lot of interesting things with the ball, which we saw from him in the games we saw in Morocco.

24 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Probably, certainly having a list of targets for either eventuality.

Just that, while there was the possibility of having a bigger budget, it would have been unfortunate to blow it on cheap list players.

And that’s if any at all will be available to the manager, or are we still working on a one out, one in basis?

Fair point. Just going to hope you're right. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Whilst I think Clement is busted flush and it is only a matter of time, he is arguably holding the worst cards any Rangers manager has held (in the top division) in the 33-34 years I can remember.

A guy like Scott Wright, who was bought a homegrown squad filler in 2021 and hasn't improved - has become a regular now, due to lack of any other options - and that sums up where we are. 

There are players who shouldn't be getting a game, that essentially have to get a game as the other options are either unfit, worse or very young. 

It's the bigger issue. In fact, in my opinion, it's 95% of why we are where we are. 

It's been a shit-show since we won the league. They could not have done a worse job than they have, quite honestly.

I don't think Clement sees Christmas either, but there's 0 chance any manager is coming in and winning the league with this squad and that board behind him. 

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A Rangers manager, before a 5 million Euro game saying his medical and performance team told him not to start Cerny.

Absolute fucking nonsense.

That fucking shite was a joke , he himself said about the game potentially going to extra time so when hes put cerny on at ht hes potentially putting him on to play 75 mins 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

That fucking shite was a joke , he himself said about the game potentially going to extra time so when hes put cerny on at ht hes potentially putting him on to play 75 mins 

Good point

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

McCausland played well in the first half and got a lot of joy against Kyiv the week before. I don't think it was a bad decision, have Ross run himself in to the ground in the first half then Cerny to give their LB a torrid time after. It was going well until Jefte got sent off for fuck all, and even then bar the last 10 minutes we were the better side.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

It's the bigger issue. In fact, in my opinion, it's 95% of why we are where we are. 

It's been a shit-show since we won the league. They could not have done a worse job than they have, quite honestly.

I don't think Clement sees Christmas either, but there's 0 chance any manager is coming in and winning the league with this squad and that board behind him. 

That's the thing.

No matter who is in the dugout, the same issues and the same people running the club are there.

We've fucked it royally over a number of years and they've shit the bed now they've realised the money is all gone and we've been running unsustainably for years. 

30 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think the problem with Clement is that we weren't as bad as we made ourselves look in the final weeks of Beale, so an improvement was always going to be inevitable, he just rode the wave of positivity and it helped that the tims had their usual wee wobble during this time, positivity can only get you so far though and when things started to go against us he found out what every other Rangers manager has found out in the last decade, when the going gets tough, the majority of players we have at the club just aren't strong enough mentally.

He's went from thinking in March that he could potentially win a treble or at least make the tims panic big time and then believing we could bring in big players to bridge any gap in quality between the sides, to realising we need a massive rebuild that would've solely relied on qualifying for the Champions League, the problem is we needed to buy players to compete in qualifiers, so even if we did get the CL, we probably wouldn't have had enough time to sign too many players of the calibre required.

This has now become a long-term job, we either put trust in the man and give him some leeway to get us to where we want to be eventually, with the understanding that it might take a year to see us become the team he envisages, or we replace him and hope the next guy that rides the wave of positivity can somehow get us over the line, truth be told though, we're miles off that mob, even if we somehow fluked a league title this year, they'd probably still be firm favourites again next year, they're just run far superior to us and the contacts they have and the players they find are night and day in comparison, that's why we're constantly playing second fiddle.

Absolutely baffling that anyone can take any slight positives from anything in the last few games. Genuinely baffling.

Clement isn't alone in the blame but he is clueless as fuck. He is tactically inept.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

McCausland played well in the first half and got a lot of joy against Kyiv the week before. I don't think it was a bad decision, have Ross run himself in to the ground in the first half then Cerny to give their LB a torrid time after. It was going well until Jefte got sent off for fuck all, and even then bar the last 10 minutes we were the better side.

I was sat on McCausland's side in the first half, he was the closest Rangers player to me for 45 minutes so I saw him closely, he was absolutely shite last night. Everyone around us was screaming for him to come off at half time.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It maybe comes off different on TV, but he was absolutely pish looking at the game.

Couldn’t beat a man. Delivery was awful. Poor positionally. Crowd on his back. Hooked at halftime.