***** The Official Union Berlin v Rangers Friendly *****

35 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Diomande will be the best midfielder in the league this year,

Thought Barron worked hard without being a stand out

That defense is chronic though, Davies is never a Rangers center half and Tav continues to slide. The left back position was a problem today also by both guys

How long does the big keeper get before he can expect some heat?

Will we ever learn

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Has anyone actually said we have no money for players, i said this earlier in the window that we might well have money, just no room in the squad till we move on high earners, hence why loan deals are a go as they only take certain wages and are off the books in a year

It's the same thing is it not, can't afford to pay transfer fees or cant afford to add to the wage bill it still ends with the same result.

32 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

It wasn't though

We played malmo two legs, first leg was lundstram, davis and arfield, second leg swap lundstram for aribo

Both legs the midfield were honking

Bar davis (a player we all want replicated in the middle) barron and diomande have already shown more quality and energy as centre mids than arfield and Lundstram 

All a level above Barron IMO (and I think he’s done well since he’s come in).

We desperately need an experienced playmaker & leader in his position, to complement the creativity of Dio. 

47 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

2 nice finishes from Lawrence and Dessers each.

Tav probably at fault for 3 of their 4 goals.  Legs have gone, head has gone, needs to go.

Jefte looked suspect as well.  But too early to be too critical.

To be kind to Tav he wasn’t getting any help from Wright

38 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think I was keen on Clement out of the options we had.

But I didn’t like the long ball poor on the eye approach early on and hoped it was just a necessity to win games until he had a pre-season under his belt and more time to implement his own ideas.

If anything we’ve regressed and it’s even worse.

I like him as a guy and how he carries himself but the concern about his approach and some of his decision making is growing stronger and stronger.

Nonsense.

You cannot tell me that we're worse off now than when he took over considering the absolute mess Beale left us in. The guy came in, steadied the ship, won a trophy and got us back into a title race before the wheels came off. 

Whether folk want to blame Clement for that or not is up to them, but I've never seen such a high degree of bed wetting during pre-season, especially considering we're exactly where we all wanted to be when Beale got sacked... seeing a lot of the high-earning mediocrity get punted (although clearly taking longer than we'd all like it to).

Calm heads will need to prevail to give him time to fix the mess the squad has become, because if he can't, I fear it'll be a long, long time before we're back.

5 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Nonsense.

You cannot tell me that we're worse off now than when he took over considering the absolute mess Beale left us in. The guy came in, steadied the ship, won a trophy and got us back into a title race before the wheels came off. 

Whether folk want to blame Clement for that or not is up to them, but I've never seen such a high degree of bed wetting during pre-season, especially considering we're exactly where we all wanted to be when Beale got sacked... seeing a lot of the high-earning mediocrity get punted (although clearly taking longer than we'd all like it to).

Calm heads will need to prevail to give him time to fix the mess the squad has become, because if he can't, I fear it'll be a long, long time before we're back.

Would imply you don’t think there’s much wrong, which is just complete head in sand stuff. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Would imply you don’t think there’s much wrong, which is just complete head in sand stuff. 

Is that the only part of the post you read? :lol:

We were a mess defensively at times. Losing 2 goals to cross balls was a sore one. Their penalty should never have stood btw. What was the ref thinking?

On a positive note, we scored 4 goals and played at a high tempo.

I would be happy with most of the team starting against Hearts apart from the defence. :unsure:

Just wish that Phil had set his team up earlier in pre-season. He had his hands tied to an extent with timing of signings and gave the youngsters a chance right enough.

Onwards and upwards. Stating the obvious, but we have some season defining games coming up in succession.

Get rid of Goldson, etc, and bring in some quality starters  rapid style and we might just do it.

A lot better play going forward.

Barron and Diomande will start next weekend. Positives in midfield. 

That defence but what a bombscare. We need 2 x first team ready CBs. We can't be relying on Souttar or Davies. Tav is absolutely done here. We'll need a replacement for him as well.

53 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Has anyone actually said we have no money for players, i said this earlier in the window that we might well have money, just no room in the squad till we move on high earners, hence why loan deals are a go as they only take certain wages and are off the books in a year

If we had any sort of money to throw about we would have done business a lot earlier on the mindset we will get rid of a couple of players eventually. Lammers left the same day we made a new signing. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He had a great first half tbf.

When you look back at the match thread when the team was announced : Dessers, Lawrence and Wright starting was :ang:x10 or whatever.

Two of they three scored our four goals. That in itself is quite worrying based on that. 

34 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Is that the only part of the post you read? :lol:

I read it all, but calling panic about the absolute shit show our club is right now ‘bed wetting’ is a nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

So we don't have money until we free up money...? 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I read it all, but calling panic about the absolute shit show our club is right now ‘bed wetting’ is a nonsense. 

There's concern, then there's panic, then there's full on bed wetting. 

If you haven't approached the latter stage, good for you mate. Many others have.