***** The Official Dynamo Kyiv v Rangers Champions League Third Qualifying Round Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Cerny is going to be a player for us. It didn't come off for him tonight until the end, but he has a maturity and experience about him that all our other wingers have lacked for over ten years.

Done fucking brilliant for the goal, outstanding control and cross

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Cerny is going to be a player for us. It didn't come off for him tonight until the end, but he has a maturity and experience about him that all our other wingers have lacked for over ten years.

Some bald napper for a 26 year old 

13 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Scott wrights time at Rangers should be up. An empty jersey that produces close to fuck all. Only thing that could save him is if the “hampden” Scott wright turns  up in the next few games, if not Jefte should start in his place.

Never a Rangers player, absolutely shite.

respectable result when expectation was low, maybe them not playing a game for match fitness has worked in our favour. As much as I cane him well played Dessers for persevering and shutting the cunt from the daily record up - unlucky with header too.

Cerny assist + 

Pressing better +

Jefte on the left instead of Cortes for the time being could be +

Getting new starters up to speed will be good.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

That goal gets better every time you watch it by the way. 

It’s nothing like it but it still reminds me of McCoist’s goal v Leeds (one of the best Rangers goals ever IMO)
Flowing breakaway from deep in our own half, very few touches then a goal.  

This one had the same feel about it.

Fantastic team goal. 

58 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

image.thumb.png.5358706383d3b8b3b723a82c90f85c96.png

This is the pitch his boys club trained on. They made him play uphill both halves.

Played on a pitch with a slope not far off that with the crossbar at one end lower than the goal line on the other.

Reflecting, I thought we look fairly comfortable. Still didn't create much until Cerny and Jefte came on, I hope that is a positive sign that our new signings will contribute this season.

Dessers again, frustrating at times but gets the goal. He's got a decent return for us, despite the criticism. He will be an important player for us this season I feel.

Souttar and Balogun looked ropey as a CB pairing, Souttar more so. I really want it to work for him, I always want a core of the team with solid Scottish players, and that starts at CB for me... but he really isn't confident under the highball or when tight into the striker and jumps in too often.

2 wingers looked good especially Yarmolenko but still think we can take them on the 2nd leg. Before they scored we had them rattled then we give them confidence by sloppy defending.

Obviously would have preferred the home crowd at Ibrox on top of them. They are dangerous going forward so can't be too open but we did have to chase a goal last night that they exploited.

8 hours ago, WWTC said:

I wouldn’t have said night if it was Outer Mongolia would I? 😂

It was just that you seemed to avoid finding out the result until you got back home. Tbh, if true, that is a great achievement in today's tech world lol 😆 

9 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not even close to a sell out.

I know the Hampden situation is a shit show bit we really need a sell out for this

8 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Hopefully, after tonight's result, numbers increase

It's live on BBC so I can't see it being a sell out. 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We completely got out of jail. The players who should have started but came on as subs were the main reason.

Clement persisting with poorer options starting than what wehave on the bench needs to stop.

Think we played well enough to deserve something from the match. The players we want around in September played well.