Václav Černý

Looks like he has the required quality, cracking strike today and linked well with Tav and the midfield. Not a slight on McCausland but Tav's performance dipped a bit second half when Cerny went off. Seemed to occupy the same space. 

Hope his lack of a right foot won't make him too one dimensional. His movement seems to make up for that. 

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i said at the start of the game that he'll be a massive player for us this season and even if he didn't score i'd still be saying that

i'll also say propper will be another big player for us and a defence mainstay

i'll  also say get your bets on cerny to score and propper to get carded especially in the big games 

:lol:

Both showed their finishing skills the day 

"That’s why we put in a lot of effort to get him here. And of course, there’s more to come from him. I had to take him off after 55 minutes. Physically, he has to take more steps after a four week holiday. But we are a club who is competing in the league and Europe.

“For him, it’s about being fresh every minute. Today it was 55. Is he ready to start on Tuesday? That’s a good question. I have to see on Sunday how he reacts and I’ll speak with him.

“I can’t make decisions just for Tuesday. It would be crazy just to think about Tuesday and then have a player out for a long time. I can only make the decision in the next couple of days, not now. I have an idea in my head but I need to be ready to adapt, like I’ve been doing for eight months here already.”

Is Clement just playing the game of not revealing his starting 11, or is he actually just continually meddling when starting a player is the best and most natural option?

4 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Great goal, here’s my fear; he may become too predictable as he is very left footed, playing on the right wing, ALWAYS cuts inside. Hope I’m wrong!

Arjen robben made a career out it. Granted he’s at a diff level but if your a better player which cerny most definitely will be against defenders in this league . It’s one thing knowing what he’s gonna do , it’s another stopping him. 

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Would make Dessers up top seem a lot more fruitful if he had the two of them feeding him

Sims had 3 assists last year. Bringing him back is not suddenly going to unlock Dessers.

Given where we are with the squad I suspect that Cerny coming in, coupled with us bringing Cortes back, has put an end to any move for Sima as the level of fee we would need to get him needs to be focussed elsewhere in the team and we might look at another loan / development type player for backup for the wings (especially if we can move Wright or Matondo on).

Looks a real player. Him and Tav have a good understanding already which is good to see. 2 good players linking up well. Get him fit and the right side will be fine.

Wish I could say the same about Ridvan and Wright's link up play.