Václav Černý

The problem was he kept cutting back onto his left and running into maeda. Didn't try going down the line or running in behind the back 4.

Mcausland had 3 glaring opportunities when he came on down to pure determination of running beyond. When he switched to the right he got the better of Taylor. The problem is McCausland doesn't have the quality to take these opportunities. 

8 minutes ago, markem said:

‘Greg Taylor easily marked him’

Imagine Taylor, Johnstone, Scales ……in our squad, guarantee they’d be shown up for the average players they are, yet the 3 of them can make up 3 of their back 4 versus us time and again and cruise 

Something way wrong. 

Yeah our midfield and forwards are shit.

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

The problem was he kept cutting back onto his left and running into maeda. Didn't try going down the line or running in behind the back 4.

Mcausland had 3 glaring opportunities when he came on down to pure determination of running beyond. When he switched to the right he got the better of Taylor. The problem is McCausland doesn't have the quality to take these opportunities. 

Because he knew he didn’t have the pace.

19 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Looked out of his depth today, couldn't get himself into any good attacking positions, at times Sterling was in a more advanced position wide right than Cerny and Tav which is baffling considering Sterling was there to give legs and a presence to the midfield. 

More I see, the more I think he’s part of the problem.

I love his energy, adaptability & willingness to get stuck in.

He just hasn’t got a great output in a footballing sense.

Decision making and execution in the final third is as poor as the rest.

It might improve if he had a position to call his own and settle to, but if we see him as a replacement for Tav, he’s well short of pre-decline Tav’s levels.

13 minutes ago, markem said:

Imagine Taylor, Johnstone, Scales ……in our squad, guarantee they’d be shown up for the average players they are, yet the 3 of them can make up 3 of their back 4 versus us time and again and cruise 

Something way wrong. 

Back in the day thats a tarrier defence of our dreams.

Absolutely nothing special about the 3 of them.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

More I see, the more I think he’s part of the problem.

I love his energy, adaptability & willingness to get stuck in.

He just hasn’t got a great output in a footballing sense.

Decision making and execution in the final third is as poor as the rest.

It might improve if he had a position to call his own and settle to, but if we see him as a replacement for Tav, he’s well short of pre-decline Tav’s levels.

Yeah he has been the best of a bad bunch for a while now, but unfortunately the bar is very low 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Because he knew he didn’t have the pace.

It's not always about pace, even taking the ball down the line and then cutting back creates space. As soon as he got it he just wanted to cut inside. 

Arfield wasn't blessed with pace when he played wide for us but his smart runs and willingness to do the hard yards was a threat. 

1 hour ago, markem said:

Something way wrong. 

they signed a leftback on loan from Barca Taylor will soon be out their team show how bad Cerny is.

4 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

It's not always about pace, even taking the ball down the line and then cutting back creates space. As soon as he got it he just wanted to cut inside. 

Arfield wasn't blessed with pace when he played wide for us but his smart runs and willingness to do the hard yards was a threat. 

Jesus - what we’d give for a player in Arf’s mould just now!

4 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I thought his game was based on cutting back inside & delivering either a quality cross or shot.  

Somehow failed to do either in 80 odd mins.