*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

34 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

What was in particular you didn't like about his peformance? Obviously not including the several 35 yard inch perfect passes he made in the first half because that wouldn't be fair.

Dowell was decent until he tired. Not convinced he's the answer but I have more hope than I did before the game tonight.

Aye, i don't like Dowell but I'd overall agree with that tbh. 

Thought he tired out pretty early in the 2nd half, but done well in the first. Couple of excellent through balls especially.

Hopefully the guy can stay fit and be a valuable squad player against the dross at least, but like with so many he's still got it all to prove. 

8 hours ago, Inigo said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with what the players did at full time. Wasn't a celebration so much as just a wee bonding thing. Folk getting upset at it need to catch a grip.

Yup - got a wee bit of Clement’s ‘synergy’ back.

Nice for Dessers to enjoy his song with them, too.

The next day and they are still going on about the “shocking” and “controversial” referee decision to allow us a goal. It’s beyond pathetic and it’s clear to see yet again that the agenda is being set early on to put refs under pressure once again when it comes to us. Wish to fuck someone in our club had the balls to call it out. 

It was the right decision ffs! :lol:

10 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

The players and manager climbed the advertising boards and celebrated with the UB. 

I’m trying my upmost to be positive, but I’ve slept on this and just can’t get on-board with it.

I’m not being negative for negative’s sake and if others see it as a bit of togetherness or unity, then I envy that thought process. I wish I shared it.

But I just can’t. We’re Glasgow Rangers. I’m so far off being on-board with those antics at full-time, it’s not even close.

I was about to comment that Walter Smith would be turning in his grave at the thought, but is the response then that those times are gone? Am I out of touch? Have I missed the boat with modern Rangers? Has it been so long since we were a dominant force that I need to accept mediocrity?

Again, this isn’t me accusing anyone else of being in the wrong; I just cannot for the life of me comprehend those celebrations, all things considered in the current climate.

38 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I’m trying my upmost to be positive, but I’ve slept on this and just can’t get on-board with it.

I’m not being negative for negative’s sake and if others see it as a bit of togetherness or unity, then I envy that thought process. I wish I shared it.

But I just can’t. We’re Glasgow Rangers. I’m so far off being on-board with those antics at full-time, it’s not even close.

I was about to comment that Walter Smith would be turning in his grave at the thought, but is the response then that those times are gone? Am I out of touch? Have I missed the boat with modern Rangers? Has it been so long since we were a dominant force that I need to accept mediocrity?

Again, this isn’t me accusing anyone else of being in the wrong; I just cannot for the life of me comprehend those celebrations, all things considered in the current climate.

We made a cunt of ourselves. We’re fast becoming a laughing stock in Scottish football and our players are bouncing around the Hampden track after scraping past St Johnstone 

Second half was slightly better and yes go over applaud the fans but get the fuck up the tunnel and get on with it.