Jim Gillespie, rumoured new CEO.

18 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

He also does not suffer fools. He got an interdict against a guy who said he was dishonest. He might be what we need.

I have to hope the Rangers board has carried out the normal full diligence on the individual.

However, Serving an "interim interdict" on someone simply because he says you are dishonest, is setting off alarm bells with me.   Why would you do that, or more importantly, why would the person who made that claim do that unless he had justified reason?

FFs, 90% of us would have restraining orders put out on us for most of the things you've said about people but we don't go 'legal', do we?

Remember the old saying(s). "he doth protest too much." and  there's "No smoke without fire"

I know the operates a 'tight circle' of business partners and likes to control that inner circle.  By the way, I'm being polite using the word ' business'.  I also know Mr Gillespie doesn't like being challenged and has a reputation for being a bit of a workplace bully. 

He's got the job and I hope he does well for our club, but in contradiction to myself,  maybe the individual traits I've mentioned are exactly what we need in the club but shouldn't take the 'eyes off the ball with him and he's definitely the one for watching.

25 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Eh??  How can a gamble be more of a sure thing mate?

Due diligence, betting on a favourite, a sure thing. While still a gamble, the success rate is higher.

Betting on lay (a shit thing) is likely to have worse results.

Both are gambles.

10 minutes ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

I have to hope the Rangers board has carried out the normal full diligence on the individual.

However, Serving an "interim interdict" on someone simply because he says you are dishonest, is setting off alarm bells with me.   Why would you do that, or more importantly, why would the person who made that claim do that unless he had justified reason?

FFs, 90% of us would have restraining orders put out on us for most of the things you've said about people but we don't go 'legal', do we?

Remember the old saying(s). "he doth protest too much." and  there's "No smoke without fire"

I know the operates a 'tight circle' of business partners and likes to control that inner circle.  By the way, I'm being polite using the word ' business'.  I also know Mr Gillespie doesn't like being challenged and has a reputation for being a bit of a workplace bully. 

He's got the job and I hope he does well for our club, but in contradiction to myself,  maybe the individual traits I've mentioned are exactly what we need in the club but shouldn't take the 'eyes off the ball with him and he's definitely the one for watching.

In business damage to reputation is major so that is why he went down the legal route. I like it, means he is not one to be fucked with and might actually fight our corner. 

41 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Due diligence, betting on a favourite, a sure thing. While still a gamble, the success rate is higher.

Betting on lay (a shit thing) is likely to have worse results.

Both are gambles.

Ok, whatever all that means

17 hours ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

When have any of our boards carried out due diligence; Whyte, Caixinho, Wilson all had very public red flags that anyone who used Mr Google could read.

Ah, wonderful to see the club conducting such an extensive search campaign, inclusive of a far and wide exploration mission.

Fucking Paisley.

Stewart Robertson was a lifelong fan and I’m sure he was a board member at Motherwell, so I can’t say I’m enthusiastic about this prospect.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope I’m so far off the mark, I end up with egg on my face.

Good luck to him. He’ll need it.

The first thing Gillespie has to do is hire Rangers men to assist him. Guys like McGregor, Numan, Thomson, Ferguson etc... Bisgrove firing a Rangers man like Jim McCallister was a disgrace.

Solidfy 5 or so big sponsors rather than have 50 small sponsors plastered everywhere.

Come without an ego and the snake-oil sales pitch.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The first thing Gillespie has to do is hire Rangers men to assist him. Guys like McGregor, Numan, Thomson, Ferguson etc... Bisgrove firing a Rangers man like Jim McCallister was a disgrace.

Solidfy 5 or so big sponsors rather than have 50 small sponsors plastered everywhere.

What roles would you have the ex players you mentioned doing at the club? 

13 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

What roles would you have the ex players you mentioned doing at the club? 

The same roles that Bisgrove hired all his pals for.

Seriously though, I'm not sure. I just know that I echo Souness' points on Talksport when he said we need 'football men' on the board.

Wasn't Gough, Hately & DJ released after King left and replaced by nobody's?

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The same roles that Bisgrove hired all his pals for.

Seriously though, I'm not sure. I just know that I echo Souness' points on Talksport when he said we need 'football men' on the board.

Wasn't Gough, Hately & DJ released after King left and replaced by nobody's?

As far as I know they were only in ambassadorial roles?

Important though for the public image of the club to have good, positive pros like those guys around.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

As far as I know they were only in ambassadorial roles?

Important though for the public image of the club to have good, positive pros like those guys around.

Yes, they were only ambassador roles, but it's something.

The firing of Blaine McConnell and the Australia fiasco tells me the board are out of touch with our history. Hopefully, Gillespie recognizes this.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yes, they were only ambassador roles, but it's something.

The firing of Blaine McConnell and the Australia fiasco tells me the board are out of touch with our history. Hopefully, Gillespie recognizes this.

I think especially since we've lost Sir Walter, Jimmy Bell and Tiny Gallacher in recent years who were part of the fabric and dna of the club, we need more people inside the heart of the club who can continue to let others inside the building know how special and unique we are as a club. 

The Australia fiasco should have seen people lose their jobs. Atrocious decision. It isn't even as if they can point to us being financially secure under their stewardship either. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Kev wouldn’t fit in at our academy.

Only Yes men need apply.