Where do we go from here?

The board will get rid of the manager when it starts to get toxic against them, that seems to be their way. 

If Clement wants to survive he now needs to win every game, domestically, up to and including the next OF. But it's not just the performances that are the issue his utterly bizzare comments after yesterday show that he really doesn't get the job he is in and/or can't handle the pressure. Might be time for him to go back to Brugge. 

But as a club now the only way forward is for the board to realise theyre out their depth now and seek someone or someones who can take the club forward. I don't think they want to do that. So we're fucked barring some sort of miracle. 

5 minutes ago, Southsider said:

It feels like the early 80s, tbh.  We are miles behind them and unless there is a change of ownership which brings major investment, I can't see it changing

We have had millions of investment every year and even sometimes 10”s millions in a season for the past 5-6 years so investment in itself is not a magic bullet. Just look at Chelsea’s spending.

We talk about a player trading model so buy a 20 year old one week but then a 30 year old the following week. 

We literally are leaderless with no CEO, no director of football, no idea what system of play the manager is trying to get us to play.

The board in fairness have put their money where their mouth is but then allowed it to be wasted on so many poor footballers many of whom came with warnings that where unheeded.

We need some fresh faces on the board who have a footballing background, we need a proven CEO you then need to implement a plan and communicate it to the fans.

It’s been a miserable start to the season but there is a long way to go and clearly we can improve. There are still new signings to start and players to return. But there are some key issues to be resolved. The Tav issue must addressed urgently. The Hagi issue need resolved as the whole thing is totally unprofessional. The bottom line is the board must have serious questions asked. They have presided over decline. They have made bad decision after bad decision. And still seem totally unaccountable or unable to attract any sort of investment into the club, which we clearly need. Supporters have been more than generous towards this club over the last 10 years, and without us we might not be here God forbid. We deserve much better than this current boardroom. 

28 minutes ago, Southsider said:

It feels like the early 80s, tbh.  We are miles behind them and unless there is a change of ownership which brings major investment, I can't see it changing

EDIT: not exactly the same, obviously, as there's no third force like Aberdeen were then at the moment 

And 4th force like Dundee United. Or we'd really be in the shit. 

What happens next ? That's easy , we go on a decent run against the other teams in the league , section of our support say "yes , win every game , we win the league" then face celtic......slapped again amd process starts again. Reality check.

We need to get our head out the sand , they are on the road to another 9iar and there is not one single person at our club with the belief or know how to stop this rot.

Our players were already defeated before the game started against them and absolutely no clue how to combat them, for me a lot of that mentality simply comes from the manager.......we are in real danger of becoming one of the provincial clubs, if we are not that already. Complete shambles. Even the lesser teams have more belief when they face that mob amd a better chance of getting something than we have.

I think we need to give him the season n see where we are, that way we have a long period of time to judge him over & by then players might of settled a few added in January and Tav benched with a new captain in place. Then he could be the man for the job, if it still looks as it does the now then we know he isn't. Sacking him now is too soon when we have just got rid of so many players.

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

I think we need to give him the season n see where we are, that way we have a long period of time to judge him over & by then players might of settled a few added in January and Tav benched with a new captain in place. Then he could be the man for the job, if it still looks as it does the now then we know he isn't. Sacking him now is too soon when we have just got rid of so many players.

Tbh I think I've seen enough to be able to judge him. He's not going to replace Tav as captain and until he does we're winning nothing. The guys all over the place as a manager. But the reality is we have a board that couldnt pick their noses never mind another new manager. 

As hard as it is, I think we need to forget about competing with Celtic for a couple of years and impliment a 3 to 5 year plan. Get the foundation right and build from there. If we don't do that, I'm afraid this is the norm.

Frustrating as we probably had that foundation there just over 2yrs ago, but we've squandered it

Something needs to give to break the cycle we’re in off firing and hiring managers months into yet another rebuild. For me that can only start with appointing an experienced and ruthless figurehead of a CEO and allowing them to put a long term plan and structure in place to begin closing the financial gap with celtic but even then it’s going to require getting every big decision correct and the recent track record is abysmal. 

Has to start with the manager going but it won't. 

Were already not in a title race this season, not under this management regime. We should be strong enough to get second but we should start utilizing the squad more. The only way to sell players is to actually play them and let them show something. People like Raskin Matondo etc.

Nobody in that team should be a guaranteed starter so change it when players don't produce rather than pick guys like Tav on merit. We should also start breading the youngsters into the squad. Would Lovelace be any worse than Mcausland? Would Rice be worse than Diomande? Even King could do what Souttar does.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

As hard as it is, I think we need to forget about competing with Celtic for a couple of years and impliment a 3yr plan. Get the foundation right and build from there.

Frustrating as we probably had that foundation there just over 2yrs ago, but we've squandered it

Don't mind that as long as Bennett and the Parks have no part of it.

They have to stop making decisions at the club.

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

Something needs to give to break the cycle we’re in off firing and hiring managers months into yet another rebuild. For me that can only start with appointing an experienced and ruthless figurehead of a CEO and allowing them to put a long term plan and structure in place to begin closing the financial gap with celtic but even then it’s going to require getting every big decision correct and the recent track record is abysmal. 

The man responsible for hiring a CEO is Bennett. Every decision he has made has been an unmitigated disaster and cost us millions and years.

A new CEO hired by him won't fix a thing and just carry on his legacy.

There's no one quick fix for us with the state we are in. 

At boardroom we are run by complete amateurs stumbling from one bad decision to the next. If they had any integrity they would remove themselves from the board and get competent individuals running the club. They need removed. 

Manager for me yesterday was the beginning of the end for him. Red flags everywhere now. Poor form, no clear approach on the pitch and bizarre post match comments about a win last weekend. Changing him just now but would be pointless. Not while this current board pick the next candidate.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Pick up the phone to someone like Ralf Rangnick and offer them DoF with complete control to do whatever they want with the football side of things

Hey Ralf - do you want to leave your very successful Austria job, take a huge pay cut and join us where you will have no money to spend, can't change the manager as it will be too expensive and have no foreseeable pathway to be successful or win trophies.

Sure he would jump at it.