*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

Really disappointed MW is going with Ball in that holding role, we struggled badly against Falkirk with very little creativity and he was a part of that problem as he was played out of position.......he doesn't have that in his locker IMO.

With Zelalem also in the 11 he rarely runs forward which leaves only Halliday in the midfield to venture forward and offer support. Can see us winning the game but not too sure we will see great passing.

Classic mistakes made by previous regimes of playing players out of position, circle pegs in square holes !!

Just now, Camshy said:

Really disappointed MW is going with Ball in that holding role, we struggled badly against Falkirk with very little creativity and he was a part of that problem as he was played out of position.......he doesn't have that in his locker IMO.

With Zelalem also in the 11 he rarely runs forward which leaves only Halliday in the midfield to venture forward and offer support. Can see us winning the game but not too sure we will see great passing.

Classic mistakes made by previous regimes of playing players out of position, circle pegs in square holes !!

Ball wasn't the reason for a lack of creativity at the weekend he wasn't the problem, it was the diabolical performances from Nicky Law and Dean Shiels neither of whom got in the game at all. Ball did his job well enough, he's not the long term answer to that position at all but he didn't do to badly.

I would have played Law instead of Ball in midfield but understandable why he dropped him after the performance on Saturday. Zelalem should definitely be playing this game. Offers a short option and keeps the ball moving in midfield something that Law and Shiels did poorly on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Unsure about that XI line up but should be enough to beat them with ease 

I think MW has said on many occasions that continuity and faith in the present squad is good, so he's showing a bit of solidarity. I'm sure he'll make changes in the 2nd half, even at half time if Zelazem is a bad as we all expect tonight.

He'll go on to score tonight after I said that!

would rather a couple of younger lads on the bench infront of Shiels and Clark tbh these players have no future at the club so id rather give first team experience to the young lads,other than that Ball deserves to keep his place but Zel starting shows we're still pretty weak in cm imo

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

I think MW has said on many occasions that continuity and faith in the present squad is good, so he's showing a bit of solidarity. I'm sure he'll make changes in the 2nd half, even at half time if Zelazem is a bad as we all expect tonight.

He'll go on to score tonight after I said that!

Hey at the end of the day the mans forgot more about football than I know - happy to trust him but it's not what I'd have picked line up wise is all