Joey sent home

scottjf82

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If true, well done Joey. You are the bigger man, whilst others didn't have the spine. Not been much of that around Ibrox for a long time and that includes our manager, who is now starting to look like the headmaster, with an ego bigger than the defeat to the scum.

Nah he's a shitebag mate, don't buy it for one second. The cunt cannae keep his mouth shut or out of the limelight for 5 minutes. He's no right to criticise anyone as he's been rank fucking rotten.

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Only that there are two sides to any dispute (sometimes more than 2).  The explanation / emphasis that one party may place on what happened may not be a view shared by the other party.   I felt it would have been useful for the Club to explain why it sent Barton away.  Nothing more than that. 

The player spoke about his part in this incident. I think the manager is to blame for it getting this far and in this situation. This should have been handled a lot better.

Weather that's true or not, digging team mates out on game reflection has happened for years.

greig done it, butcher done it, Roberts recieved it( cost him his job) gough probably done it, Ferguson got a manager sacked because of it.

it should be done in the correct manner.

Im not taking sides, but binning bodies for the sake of it doesn't make it better.

who is right if that story is true?

barton or Halliday? Or they both wrong?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

What did that one say?

'Apologising doesn't always mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It means you value your relationship more than your ego'

Think he shoulda just stuck with the apology.

He's done SFA since he's come here and to make it worse, I believed all the hype about it taking him a few games to get match fit, but he's not got any better.

I wouldn't bother me if he were to leave. I doubt we'd be missing much in the long run.

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

OK,  I'll put my oar in because I have a source (very reliable) - I didn't want to put it in earlier because loads of theories and abuse were flying about. 

OK,  tin hat on - 

Team had a video analysis meeting on Monday then Tuesday as well re last Saturday. Monday got heated but stayed controlled with Barton being very vocal. It was decided to allow 24hrs of reflection and further analysis on tuesday. This time Barton really went to town and ripped into almost everyone, especially Lee Wallace. Halliday butted in by saying we beat they bastards 5 months ago when you weren't here and they squared up with Barton throwing a couple of punches 

There fuck it, I've said it 

Comments or criticise all you want. 

That's exactly what I heard,the same source that told me about ohalloran,was told yesterday but was a bit dubious

6 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Some times decisions need to be made because they are the right ones or only ones, no matter what the media fallout is likely to be. 

I know but have you ever heard of a player being what is now publicly suspended for a verbal disagreement? Half the 9 in a row team would have missed training most weeks. Could have been dealt with much better.

It's not what u say, but how u say it. 

That's the statement to be applied here I reckon. If it's true he's got tore into Wallace in particular - slating everyone, I would find that hard to take as a player to be honest. Joey has done nothing but talk himself up through media outlets. 

He's been totally embarrassed by his performance and shouting his mouth, I hope Haliday did put him in his place. 

Allegedly Joey threw a couple of digs at Haliday. 

ffs  Although I wanted him dropped, not in this way.  We need to get better as a team, not this pish. Warbs better get control of this fucking team - sharpish.  Sending him home was surely the right decision.  We can trust in Warburton for that I'm sure.

ok.. a bit of adversity -- if handled -- can be a positive (tu)

16 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Barton on twitter

image.jpeg

As I said on the other thread, Barton is the bigger man with this, more than the spineless who have  been inhabiting the club for a long time now. MW is beginning to look like a headmaster with a bigger ego than the defeat suffered against the scum. 

Well done Joey and badly done by our club who have mismanaged this whole nothing affair, letting the mhedia having their daily feeding frenzy at our expense.

Just now, barrymorrison1 said:

Weather that's true or not, digging team mates out on game reflection has happened for years.

greig done it, butcher done it, Roberts recieved it( cost him his job) gough probably done it, Ferguson got a manager sacked because of it.

it should be done in the correct manner.

Im not taking sides, but binning bodies for the sake of it doesn't make it better.

who is right if that story is true?

barton or Halliday? Or they both wrong?

Or are they both right? Why did this escalate? Sending him home till Monday was bad management in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

OK,  I'll put my oar in because I have a source (very reliable) - I didn't want to put it in earlier because loads of theories and abuse were flying about. 

OK,  tin hat on - 

Team had a video analysis meeting on Monday then Tuesday as well re last Saturday. Monday got heated but stayed controlled with Barton being very vocal. It was decided to allow 24hrs of reflection and further analysis on tuesday. This time Barton really went to town and ripped into almost everyone, especially Lee Wallace. Halliday butted in by saying we beat they bastards 5 months ago when you weren't here and they squared up with Barton throwing a couple of punches 

There fuck it, I've said it 

Comments or criticise all you want. 

If true that sounds unnecessary from Halliday and bitterness that he didn't start. I know Halliday wants the best for Rangers but he wasn't picked no need to start petty arguments 

Training ground bust ups are a daily occurrence. Language, on a good day, is industrial at best. 

JBs version would not result in him being sent home. Not a fucking chance. MW has clearly taken a stance in sending him home, dropping him and backing the others that tells JB he is not bigger or better than the group and who he is siding with. Remember that MW did this with no press release and held a media conference where he didn't release it. He was dealing with it privately. JBs response via Twitter will make MW even more angry as it further disrespects him, the club and the players. IMO JBs tweet is an opening gambit to get out with his reputation intact.

If he's tore in to a couple of players then its probably hard to take for them to take seeing as Barton hass done fuck all but talk a good game since he's got here but he's probably not said anything worse than what some people have said on here about the performances of certain players.