*** The Official RB Leipzig vsRangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Not sure what we get out-of that to be honest.

Showing up in the Snow.

No Confidence as it is.

Made to work insanely hard in freezing temps on a slippery pitch.

We seen what we have seen all season, powder puff front line, no one in the midfield and sluggish defence.

Hopefully players see what it  takes to be the best, press hard as a team, everyone working hard and make the correct decisions. 

:confused:

Maybe I am missing the point.

Fans were amazing, 8000 is incredible for a Sunday, Mid Jan..

Just now, Smile said:

Danny Wilson was blowing out his arse ten minutes in.

I dont think it comes down to fitness, the players are not happy so everything will feel like a grind to them. It sucks the energy out of you not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

I really don't believe in Warburton any more.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Players don't deserve the fans.

There may be a case for stating that with the lack of significant investment to get better players, or even the appearance of innovative effort to get more investment money, King does not deserve the fans either.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then you find the money we need, that is the whole point of the board of directors. 

Do you actually expect us to improve next season with the plan staying the same? 

How exactly do we achieve this when the motion to allow new investors failed at the AGM.

Scottish football doesn't allow for any great return in financial terms for someone in any case. Are there any businessmen with a Rangers background willing to take a chance?, doesn't seem like there are.

Most people wanted a sustainable financial model which ensures we never go into the sort of debt that DM presided over  but at the first sign of hard times we hear nothing but "we have to spend" to compete regardless of the consequences. 

6 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

We should if been playing a team on our level, if not slightly below, not a team looking to win the bundesliga.

To be fair, Leipzig have been a bit of a surprise package this season in the bundesliga.

We probably weren't expecting them to still be challenging when we arranged that game. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tell me one? except we might have improved our fitness chasing shadows for 90mins. 

thats the only thing this game is about surely? thats the main thing. 

We are nowhere near that mob in terms of ability - the money they have shows with the quality on the park.  I think MW will be happy with that run out  -it gave Hyndman and Toral some game time .

I said previously its not going to tell us anything we dont already know - which is we are miles off top german teams. But thats not exactly a surprise is it? yet you would think people on here were expecting us to go and hump them. We created some decent chances - and the goal shouldnt have been ruled out, and i thought MOH looked good in a front 2 - despite the fact you dont wish to say anything good about it at all.

We still have a defence thats too slow. We still have too many passengers.

Maybe we should have played Harmony Row and looked like world beaters.

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Are you agreeing with me now? Or arguing against me as you've just proved my point? 

That lot picked up wanyama for pennies, young at the time and took a chance on him and sold him for big bucks, same goes for Van Dijk, a bigger outlay if I recall but sold him for big bucks - not to mention they had European football at the time. 

By being in scotland, we can't and won't be bringing in anybody of great European calibre. No cunt in Scotland does. We need to pick players up for cheap abroad or down south and develop them along with our youth. It's obvious it's the only way we can compete in the league and European stage 

They didn't pick them up for pennies though. We're spending 100k-250k on guys from League Two in England and Premier League reserves team and they hardly seem to have a long queue chasing their signatures. I'm all for developing young players but its a huge gamble and takes years to see any results. If you want to risk sacrificing a few years of silverware in the hope these young guys come good then fine but thankfully majority of fans won't accept that.

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Nicky Law struggled in the Championship and was often an empty Jersey whilst Holt and Halliday excelled at that level, lets not start revising history.

Do agree with your first point though.

Under MW Nicky Law was much better than under McCoist. I doubt he'd have been much worse than Halliday and Holt. They're bloody awful. 

Put it this way, I'd probably rather have kept Law and pay nowt than pay 65 grand for Holt the way things are going.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

To be fair, Leipzig have been a bit of a surprise package this season in the bundesliga.

We probably weren't expecting them to still be challenging when we arranged that game. 

Aye and they thought they were going to get a game.

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

They didn't pick them up for pennies though. We're spending 100k-250k on guys from League Two in England and Premier League reserves team and they hardly seem to have a long queue chasing their signatures. I'm all for developing young players but its a huge gamble and takes years to see any results. If you want to risk sacrificing a few years of silverware in the hope these young guys come good then fine but thankfully majority of fans won't accept that.

They got Dembele for 500k, wanyama the same and Van Djik for a couple mill? 

We spent two million on Garner. And a mill on MoH 

Theyre still beatable - and arguably our pumping of them in last years semi pushed them onto get Rodgers in and in fact did us no favours as they were happy coasting winning everything and bringing in the cash 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I don't know why people are having a breakdown over a friendly. Leipzig got beat 5-1 the other day in one. They're second in their league and more than capable of winning it. What were you expecting?

Our team to be able to pass a fucking ball or to look at least interested. It was a fucking joke 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

A pointless exercise.  We get a thumping and learn nothing new.

We can't defend, we are shite in the final third and our fans are amazing.

So no, absolutely nothing new.

At least we got pumped off a decent quality of team for once.