Daniel Candeias Appreciation Thread

Broxi

0At times as a support I think we are a bit critical of our players due to the quality we have had in the past. Is he world class? No but when was the last time we had a player who was. 

I love Daniel. Loads of assists,  a few goals, unbelivable work rate and when was the last great game we played without him in the team? 

9 hours ago, Broxi said:

Just cause I feel like it. Not going to get 20 goals or even 10 goals a season and not the best player we'll ever have at the club but the only thing you can possibly ask for from any Rangers player is that they give 100% out on the pitch and Candeias goes above and beyond in that regard. A consistent 7/10 player every match and he wins us a shit tonne of goals from nothing other than his shear determination to chase every ball. This video sums him up perfectly: 

He's not a stick on in my mind for a starting XI spot in future recruitment drives but nevertheless he's been a great servant for us and can hold his head high, and at least for now fully deserves a place in our team

Gives his all - he gets it and his work rate is phenomenal - your right he might not remain a starter but a great squad player. One thing that really impressed me about him is his speed of thought - he has played many a quick ball that sliced open defences for counter attacks. Love him as a player 

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If he was a dog he’d be a wee b*stard jack russell terrier, never gives up and snaps away at your ankles :lol:  I think he’s great.

Not even close to what we need to bring home 55 !    Should be replace with genuine quality  if we are to overcome that lot soon.  We need international quality players not journeymen  he is  a mid table player at best.  It just shows how low our supporters standards have fallen in recent years !!!!

10 hours ago, Broxi said:

Just cause I feel like it. Not going to get 20 goals or even 10 goals a season and not the best player we'll ever have at the club but the only thing you can possibly ask for from any Rangers player is that they give 100% out on the pitch and Candeias goes above and beyond in that regard. A consistent 7/10 player every match and he wins us a shit tonne of goals from nothing other than his shear determination to chase every ball. This video sums him up perfectly: 

He's not a stick on in my mind for a starting XI spot in future recruitment drives but nevertheless he's been a great servant for us and can hold his head high, and at least for now fully deserves a place in our team

Great post. 

It's been said on here countless times over the last few seasons that we can forgive players for not possessing world class quality but we can't forgive them for hiding in games and not giving the shirt 100% commitment. Candeias the footballer obviously isn't world class but his commitment is and the number of times he wins back possession from nowhere is ridiculous. No wonder he often gets subbed the amount of running he does. His final ball is a mix of shite and brilliant but he's more than worthy of his place in this vastly improving Rangers team.

Whenever his time with us comes to an end he deserves to be remembered with great fondness. 

21 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

How many players have we had in recent times, that puts in this kind of shift in the 93rd minute of a European game? 

His final ball is the only thing that lets him down on occasion. I love the guy, one of the first picks in my team! 

I’ve just sat here and watched that about 10 times. Dunno why but I was completely lost in it. 

Fucking brilliant 

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Not even close to what we need to bring home 55 !    Should be replace with genuine quality  if we are to overcome that lot soon.  We need international quality players not journeymen  he is  a mid table player at best.  It just shows how low our supporters standards have fallen in recent years !!!!

Bollox.

56 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve just sat here and watched that about 10 times. Dunno why but I was completely lost in it. 

Fucking brilliant 

It never gets old mate. Even now I'm like....No!!!! What are you doing? :lol: He's a nippy wee bugger, never slows down either. Same from first minute to last!

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

It just shows how low our supporters standards have fallen in recent years !!!!

It’s not falling low to show appreciation where it’s due, no need to be having a go at fellow supporters.  

No-one on here thinks he’s a superstar or will be but he’s making a terrific contribution to to our team at the moment and there’s nothing wrong with saying that.