Your mission Stevie G should you choose to accept it

Thermopylae

Eight points behind at this stage we're out of the title race as far as I'm concerned.  We can get back in it but it's unlikely.  It's been years since we've put together a prolonged winning run in the league.  For every good performance like last night there's a St.Johnstone type effort the following week.  Very frustrating.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Eight points behind at this stage we're out of the title race as far as I'm concerned.  We can get back in it but it's unlikely.  It's been years since we've put together a prolonged winning run in the league.  For every good performance like last night there's a St.Johnstone type effort the following week.  Very frustrating.

I still think if we can put pressure on celtic we will see a different team ... it's easy to play when there's a gap but if we can keep winning the pressure on them will start to build and that's something rogers team have never had to deal with 

Thing is though if he gets a yellow during the Dundee game he's set to miss the Killie and tims games due to yellows again.

Can you really see him making it the rest of the season without another yellow? I certainly can't. I also can't see how we win too many of the games left without him.

I think our chance has gone due to the careless 5 points we have dropped since the break.     We lack drive in many games which is annoying.  Last night whilst we won 5 nil I didn't think we were particularly good.  Until their keeper was sent off we didn't dominate as much as I would like and expect.  The second half was quite pedestrian until the 3rd goal went in.   When we sign players we should look at how they perform when they are losing because our heads go down when we lose a goal. 

We need a leader on the park.  This brings me to Morelos staying out of trouble.  Every player should be taught the Spanish for "Calm down" and whenever the wee man looks to get overheated about something the nearest team mate should be over to him in a shot.  Last night about the only thing that Worrall did well was to grab Alfredo away from the Killie player who was trying to wind him up.  Tav was doing heehaw at the centre circle.

Leagues finished.  We could quite easily beat the tims twice and lose more points against drab teams.  It’s about time this squad realised that all 3 points are the same wether it’s vs celtic or Livingston.  It also cheats the fans aswell by turning up when they like.

We've had McInnes with his " Keep the noise doon in there "

We've had Clarke with his Meltdown to end all Meldowns.

Now Stevie G your mission should you choose to accept it?

Lead us to 55 and we'll see the biggest Meltdown the world has ever seen...I give you Big Brenda crispy lips.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I still think if we can put pressure on celtic we will see a different team ... it's easy to play when there's a gap but if we can keep winning the pressure on them will start to build and that's something rogers team have never had to deal with 

We couldn’t even beat st Johnstone at ibrox when they were on a 5 game losing streak to put pressure on them against killie, probs the only team other than us to even believe in themselves to get a result against the filth. The sheep are beat before a balls kicked against them

leagues over imo, far too many stupid points dropped, nowhere near consistent enough from us to be winning titles

I’d love to be wrong an you to be right, but can’t see it

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think our chance has gone due to the careless 5 points we have dropped since the break.     We lack drive in many games which is annoying.  Last night whilst we won 5 nil I didn't think we were particularly good.  Until their keeper was sent off we didn't dominate as much as I would like and expect.  The second half was quite pedestrian until the 3rd goal went in.   When we sign players we should look at how they perform when they are losing because our heads go down when we lose a goal. 

We need a leader on the park.  This brings me to Morelos staying out of trouble.  Every player should be taught the Spanish for "Calm down" and whenever the wee man looks to get overheated about something the nearest team mate should be over to him in a shot.  Last night about the only thing that Worrall did well was to grab Alfredo away from the Killie player who was trying to wind him up.  Tav was doing heehaw at the centre circle.

I agree mate . Until we scored our third . I thought we were disgustingly bad . The ten men insured we would get it easier when they tired

53 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Quite simply . The doggies chance means, the scum have to drop at least 2 points before we play them and we must win at Scumdome

Even to get back into a title race . Very long shot if truth be told

I think we will beat them in both remaining fixtures and still finish second.   We need players who can psyche themselves up for the Hamiltons and Dundees of this world and still be looking for goals at 4-0 up.   Lets see whether they can raise their game in the next two matches, two wins with a goal difference of + 6 will set us up nicely for the sheep.

8 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think that's true. We were level on points with them after the December win but since then they've won six matches in the league without conceding a single goal. That's dealing with the pressure right there. The league is over this season. Winning the cup then winning the league next season is the best we can hope for tbh 

Where's does this notion that they've never been under pressure come from btw? They've came under pressure a few times over the last 18 months and then skated away with ease in the end, like they've done again. They kept their cool, we fucked up, they've won the league, we haven't. If anything it's us that can't cope with pressure. 

I won't give up on the league until it's mathematically imposdible for us to win it. Neither should the players or management.

Our best chance of of silverware is now in the cup. Think we have a decent chance of winning it. We can beat any team in Scotlanf on our day. Fact!

21 hours ago, ZZed said:

I think the best we can hope for is a cup win. The league is gone, players are not good enough to play at a consistently high level to blow the 10 man defenses out of the way.

Do you not feel if Morelos allows himself to get a good run in the team the confidence will grow through the whole 11