Sign in to follow this  
Del

Jamie Murphy

Looked good between January and March last season, was shite against the taigs in the 3-2 defeat and was poor the rest of that season after that and that’s pretty much the only way to sum up his Rangers career imo. 

It is a huge cliche but he will be like a new signing for us next year. I am sure he has been working as hard as possible at the recovery to come back and earn his place in the team. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Will fit in really well to the 4-3-2-1 although nobody can be sure what level he will be at post knee injury 

I'm glad he didn't make it back before the end of the season. Means he now goes into pre season starting afresh rather than being.runshed back for example last two games and breaking down again 

Missed him more than we think,. Him one side Kent the other would have been great this season, hope he comes back as good as ever because could be a big player firnus next season 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Played out of position, he is not a wide player. 

Would give him a chance to see what he can do in a narrow front 3. 

Would be suited to the role Arfield has played recently imo.

Finny, Bobby Hume and Iggy666 like this

The boy is maturing all the time.

He certainly set the heather on fire with his loan club and will have done him no end of good.

We can build on that and give him the opportunity.

With the EL qualifiers and if we make it to the group stage, then we will need every player available to rotate that squad or we will fuck up in the league with players dying on their feet and mentally with the number of games we need to play.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The boy is maturing all the time.

He certainly set the heather on fire with his loan club and will have done him no end of good.

We can build on that and give him the opportunity.

With the EL qualifiers and if we make it to the group stage, then we will need every player available to rotate that squad or we will fuck up in the league with players dying on their feet and mentally with the number of games we need to play.

Docherty? 😂

The goal against Hearts last season was amazing and shows what he is capable of.

We are a different animal under Gerrard and I think Murphy won't let us down when called upon.

On paper a return of 5 goals, 9 assists in 22 games is a good return but it's a bit skewed when you look deeper at it.

2 assists were in that crazy end of season game at Hibs

3 assists and a goal against Hamilton in one game 

3 goals and 4 assists in games against Ayr, Dundee and St Mirren. 

Practically productive in 7 games and mainly against weaker sides. He's a decent squad player but he's not good enough to be first choice IMO. That being said I think he would provide a better return than Kent or Candeias.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

On paper a return of 5 goals, 9 assists in 22 games is a good return but it's a but skewed when you look deeper at it.

2 assists were in that crazy end of season game at Hibs

3 assists and a goal against Hamilton in one game 

3 goals and 4 assists in games against Ayr, Dundee and St Mirren. 

Practically productive in 7 games and against weaker sides. He's a decent squad player but he's not good enough to be first choice IMO.

You've missed his hearts goal 

ForeverAndEver likes this

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You've missed his hearts goal 

I said he was productive in seven games.

Those 5 I mentioned and the games against Hearts and Motherwell.