Ryan kent

GOAT

1 hour ago, TMB said:

You’re talking about using Aribo as an inverted full-back.  It’s an interesting idea and I’m surprised Gerrard did it last night (maybe his hand was forced by limited options on the bench?).  Problem is, Barisic is a top LB and has been one of our best players all season.  I just can’t see anyone but Barisic playing at LB when fit.

Think Gerrard simply thought ‘fuck it, we’ve nothing to lose.’

If Borna is fit and on form he can’t be dropped but no reason why, if we are struggling in games, to make the switch if he’s getting no joy down the wing.

Of course, by that time Kent  will be off the pitch if it plays out like the last few games.

would be interesting to see how it worked tho. Maybe try it out if/when Borna is injured rather going for Halliday or Flanagan.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Looks like a player that doesn't quite understand his position in the team anymore.

Nail on head. He cut a dejected figure when hooked last night and there were times in the game where he almost seemed to be 'in the way'. The lad cares and he puts a shift in while refusing to hide no matter how bad it's going for him. As others have said, some players lose confidence by being dropped and he could well be one of those. He looked gutted last night. Either a spell on the sidelines or a simplification of his role to allow him to play to his strengths.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s fine talking about where your kid plays and saying that going down the line is basic stuff (which it is) but Kent is clearly being told to play from out to in with the width expected to come from Barisic. He’s in poor form but you can’t really criticise a player for following his managers instructions. 

Personally speaking I like teams who have a winger who plays out to in and one who plays more vertically up and down the line. It worked pretty well and had us balance last season with Candeias on the wing and Kent playing more out to in but with Hagi  on the other side now Kent should be the one playing more vertically down the line.

I get the instructions to come inside for the Barasic overlap, but theres loads of opportunities for us/him to break wide and the majority of times he cuts back defensively never mind inside. Theres no way that's an instruction, you can see other players like Morelos frustrated by it too. So by all means take into account tactics, but hes nowhere near giving enough even when the opportunity to go forward arises.

I just knew after I said he should be subbed at HT that it would come back to bite me. Football can be really hypocritical and make you sound/look like a right twat!!!

Really really chuffed for the boy. So many folk coming up with stats left right & centre.....must have got to him even a wee bit. 

Here's one for the tims. Kent has scored more goals in the last 32 of the Europa league than Julien!

The fact than he missed quite an easy chance in the first to then score with what was much more difficult take in the second half can only help him with his confidence. Delighted for him as he has the ability, just needs to believe in himself a wee bit more. Fuck the price tag,  get over it and get on with it.

Loses the ball sometimes and misplaced a few passes, but is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

He's a player who is inconsistent at times, but is also capable of producing a moment of magic in big games and never hides.

Delighted for him tbh.

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Loses the ball sometimes and misplaced a few passes, but is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

He's a player who is inconsistent at times, but is also capable of producing a moment of magic in big games and never hides.

Delighted for him tbh.

He lost the ball first half after being clipped, hobbled for a bit. 

then stood up to be counted mate, that’s the best game he’s played in our colours, we are desperate for this attitude m, he just needs to apply it more.

i think next year everything will click with Gerrard I genuinely do. 

leagues been a fuck off, done amazing till Dubai, that won’t happen again I don’t think 

10 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Thought he had a good game tonight, some really nice passes and took his goal really well. People are far too obsessed with how much he costs but have got to realise the money these days in football, £7m is nothing these days yet some seem to expect Messi for that price tag.

Thought he looked to be getting his form back tonight and what a goal,welcome back Ryan Kent 😉

16 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I just knew after I said he should be subbed at HT that it would come back to bite me. Football can be really hypocritical and make you sound/look like a right twat!!!

Really really chuffed for the boy. So many folk coming up with stats left right & centre.....must have got to him even a wee bit. 

Here's one for the tims. Kent has scored more goals in the last 32 of the Europa league than Julien!

Said the same about Hagi last week 😂

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Hopefully this will stop him being the new hate figure as we need to realise it’s £7M in English currency which isn’t the same in Scottish money.

he needed that though 

I'd noticed the media had moved their propaganda recently from Morelos on to Kent. This'll shut them up for about 2 seconds.

For as frustrating as he can be he's not as bad as some make out.  He doesn't pick his worth and folk constantly throw up his price tag. Tonight is exactly what he can do but people need to cut him some slack as some of our biggest games he's popped up and scored. 

Archived